Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Facebook Mess: Dead Teen's Photos Used in Dating Ads
Images of Rehtaeh Parsons appeared in ads for 'love in Canada!'
- As far as cringe-worthy moves go, it's tough to imagine one that's worse than this: Two ads urging Facebook users to "Find Love in Canada!" were each paired with a photo of Rehtaeh Parsons—the Canadian 17-year-old who hanged herself in April after a photo of...
2 Teens Charged in Case of Girl Who Hanged Herself
Rehtaeh Parsons committed suicide after photo of alleged assault was circulated
- It took nearly two years, but charges have been filed in Canada in the high-profile case of a teenage girl who hanged herself after an alleged sexual assault and subsequent cyberbullying. Police in Nova Scotia arrested two 18-year-old males on child pornography charges, reports CNN . The family of Rehtaeh Parsons...
Teen Rape Victim Killed Herself Over Bullying: Parents
Nova Scotia justice minister calls for case review
- A 17-year-old Nova Scotia rape victim killed herself because she was relentlessly bullied about it, her parents say. "She would not be gone today if that didn’t happen—not just the rape," her mother tells the
Globe and Mail
. "What made it so much worse is...
Popular on Newser
Fistfights Break Out at Bloody Trump Rally
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Mark Meadows Makes Startling COVID Comment
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Metal Hunter Makes Quite the Find Outside Church
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.