Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Donald Trump 2016
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Just Sued
Mar 24, 2022 3:25 PM CDT
Trump Just Sued Hillary Clinton
Filing contains accusations about Democratic efforts to tie his campaign to Russia
- Former President Trump filed a sweeping federal lawsuit Thursday, arguing that Hillary Clinton and dozens of others plotted against him in the 2016 presidential race, nurturing false accusations. The filing says Clinton—the Democratic presidential nominee that year—conspired with her campaign, the Democratic National Committee, various campaign aides, former...
NDA She Signed
Before Working for
Trump Ruled Invalid
Mar 31, 2021 8:41 AM CDT
NDA She Signed Before Working for Trump Ruled Invalid
Jessica Denson sued, and judge ruled Trump campaign NDA's limitless nature was a problem
- Like her fellow Trump campaign employees, Jessica Denson signed a non-disclosure agreement before her stint with the campaign from August to November 2016. On Tuesday, that NDA was deemed invalid, in a case Denson had brought against the campaign. Politico reports that US District Court Judge Paul Gardephe's 36-page...
Election Feature That
'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
Oct 24, 2020 3:00 PM CDT
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
America can say goodbye to 'the Needle'
- The one thing most likely to conjure nightmares of the 2016 election night for opponents of President Trump is the Needle, the AP reports. A graphic on the
New York Times
' website, the Needle measured in real time the probability of victory for Trump or Hillary Clinton as votes...
Report: Undercover FBI Agent
Pressed Trump Aide for Info
May 3, 2019 6:41 AM CDT
Report: Undercover FBI Agent Pressed Trump Aide for Info
George Papadopolous claims she tried to seduce him
- Vindication for President Trump? According to a report in the
New York Times
, the FBI sent an undercover agent to pose as a research assistant and meet with Trump aide George Papadopoulos months before the 2016 election. The woman, who told Papadopoulos her name was Azra Turk, directly asked the...
Ex-Trump Adviser Ordered
to Report to Prison
Nov 26, 2018 12:12 AM CST
Ex-Trump Adviser Ordered to Report to Prison
Judge rejected Papadopoulos bid to delay sentence
- A federal judge has ordered former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos to report to prison as scheduled, rejecting his last-minute bid to delay his two-week sentence. Papadopoulos is to begin serving his sentence Monday, the AP reports. He was sentenced in September for lying to the FBI in...
Roger Stone on
Emails: 'This Is
Nov 2, 2018 7:09 AM CDT
Roger Stone on Newly Revealed Emails: 'This Is Called Politics'
'NYT' publishes correspondence between Stone, Steve Bannon
- Newly released emails from the 2016 presidential campaign appear to show political operative Roger Stone presenting himself as a WikiLeaks insider to Steve Bannon, who was at the heart of then-candidate Donald Trump's run for president. The emails, published Thursday by the
New York Times
, touch on a central...
Russian Hack Followed Trump's
'Are You Listening' Speech
Jul 14, 2018 5:30 AM CDT
Russian Hack Followed Trump's 'Are You Listening' Speech
Clinton's office was targeted hours after candidate Trump mentioned it
- Was Russia listening after all? In a July 27, 2016, speech, then-candidate Donald Trump called on Russian hackers to find emails from his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, in the US presidential campaign. "Russia, if you're listening," Trump said , "I hope you're able to find the...
Mined 50M Facebook Profiles
Mar 18, 2018 5:33 AM CDT
Trump-Linked Firm Mined 50M Facebook Profiles
Cambridge Analytica said it had deleted improperly obtained data, apparently had not: reports
- A data analysis firm employed by President Trump's 2016 campaign tapped the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission, allowing it to capitalize on the private social media activity of a large portion of the US electorate, reports the AP . One of the largest data...
Mueller Tells White House
He Wants Info on 13 Areas
Sep 21, 2017 4:42 AM CDT
Mueller Tells White House He Wants Info on 13 Areas
One of those areas: Trump's firings of FBI chief James Comey
- Robert Mueller's investigation of alleged Russian campaign meddling appears to be steaming ahead: The special counsel has sent the White House details on 13 areas where investigators are seeking more information and want documents, the
New York Times
reports. The areas include Trump's firings of FBI chief James...
Clinton: 'My Skin Crawled'
When Trump Stood Behind Me
Aug 23, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
Clinton: 'My Skin Crawled' When Trump Stood Behind Me
In memoir, she wonders if she should have said, 'Back up, creep'
has gotten an early excerpt from Hillary Clinton's upcoming memoir, and one snippet in particular is already making headlines everywhere from Axios to Breitbart . In it, Clinton recalls an Oct. 9 town-hall debate with Donald Trump during which he stood behind her as she spoke,...
to Arrange Russia
Aug 15, 2017 7:40 AM CDT
Trump Aide Repeatedly Tried to Arrange Russia Meetings: Report
Senior officials were hesitant: WaPo
- Snippets of some 20,000 Trump campaign emails handed over to congressional investigators reveal repeated efforts by Russian officials to arrange meetings between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, the
reports. In a half dozen emails sent between March and September 2016, a Trump foreign policy adviser...
Trump Jr.: I'd Do Things
a 'Little Differently' Now
Jul 12, 2017 6:44 AM CDT
Trump Jr.: I'd Do Things a 'Little Differently' Now
And he says he didn't tell his father about the meeting
- Donald Trump Jr. admitted to Sean Hannity on Tuesday night that he "probably would have done things a little differently" if he had known his meeting with a Russian lawyer claiming to have information on Hillary Clinton would cause such an uproar. It was "pre-Russia fever," the...
Riot Lawsuit Against
Trump Gets Green Light
Apr 3, 2017 3:50 AM CDT
Riot Lawsuit Against Trump Gets Green Light
Judge says it's 'plausible' he incited violence
- The Russia investigations aren't the only fallout from his successful campaign that President Trump is still dealing with. A federal judge ruled Friday that a lawsuit from three protesters who accuse Trump of inciting a riot during a campaign rally in Kentucky last year can go ahead with their...
FBI Has Uncovered
Trump Aides' Russia Ties
Feb 15, 2017 6:28 AM CST
FBI Has Uncovered Trump Aides' Russia Ties
They contacted Russians during campaign, sources say
- The Trump administration's Russia problem just got a lot worse, according to the
New York Times
sources: Four officials say intelligence agencies have uncovered phone records and other evidence that members of Trump's campaign team and other aides were in contact with senior Russian officials during the...
Trump Kicks Off
Victory Tour With
'Incendiary' Ohio Rally
Dec 2, 2016 1:47 AM CST
Trump Kicks Off Victory Tour With 'Incendiary' Ohio Rally
He boasts about victory, promises great things
- After barely leaving Trump Tower for weeks, Donald Trump kicked off what he is calling his "Thank You USA" tour Thursday night—and he seemed very happy to be back on the road. The crowd in Cincinnati, where he delivered an hourlong speech, was just as enthusiastic as the...
Trump Says He
Obama's Cuba Deal
Nov 28, 2016 12:20 PM CST
Trump Says He Could 'Terminate' Obama's Cuba Deal
'If Cuba is unwilling to make a better deal for the Cuban people...'
- President-elect Donald Trump is threatening to end the detente with Cuba initiated by the Obama administration. In a tweet a bit longer than the one he wrote to mark Fidel Castro's death , Trump tweeted Monday he "will terminate" President Obama's reestablishment of diplomatic ties and normalization of...
Piles on Romney,
Gets Piled On
Nov 28, 2016 7:41 AM CST
Trump Adviser Piles on Romney, Gets Piled On
Sources tell MSNBC Trump isn't pleased with Kellyanne Conway's comments
- It's been called a "searing attack" and escalation of "war." Now Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway's harsh words about Mitt Romney on Sunday are allegedly ticking off her boss, at least according to two top transition team sources who spoke with MSNBC . They tell the network...
to Dakota Access Pipeline
Nov 25, 2016 9:06 AM CST
Inside Trump's Financial Connection to Dakota Access Pipeline
President-elect owns stock in Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners
- President-elect Donald Trump holds stock in the company building the disputed Dakota Access oil pipeline, and pipeline opponents warn that Trump's investments could affect any decision he makes on the $3.8 billion project as president. Trump's 2016 federal disclosure forms show he owns between $15,000 and...
in Contact During
Nov 10, 2016 2:21 PM CST
Trump Camp, Russian Officials in Contact During Campaign: Minister
'Obviously, we know most of the people from [Trump's] entourage'
- The Trump camp is saying "nyet," but Russia's deputy foreign minister claims members of his government corresponded with Donald Trump's advisers throughout the US presidential campaign, the
New York Times
reports. "There were contacts," Sergei A. Ryabkov was quoted as saying by Interfax. "...
GOP's Risky Move Over
Supreme Court Pays Off
Nov 10, 2016 12:29 PM CST
GOP's Risky Move Over Supreme Court Pays Off
Trump could shape Court's direction for years to come
- Mitch McConnell's controversial decision to put Merrick Garland's nomination to the Supreme Court on hold until the next president takes office is suddenly looking quite savvy, notes Politico . Conservative critics who were worried Hillary Clinton would win warned the move could backfire in allowing her to nominate someone...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
2 Deaths in the World of Music
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
10-Year-Old Survivor Describes Shooting
Texas Official: Police Made 'Wrong Decision' at Shooting
Ted Cruz Interview on Uvalde Doesn't Go Too Well
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.