Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Man in Powerful DUI Confession Gets 6.5 Years
Matthew Cordle's license also suspended for life
- Matthew Cordle, who confessed in a powerful video to killing a man while driving drunk in June, was sentenced to 6.5 years in prison today; he faced a maximum of 8.5 years. He was also ordered to pay a $1,075 fine plus court costs and lost his...
YouTube DUI Confessor Pleads Guilty to Killing Man
Matthew Cordle tells court he's guilty of vehicular homicide, drunk driving
- Matthew Cordle has already confessed to killing a man while driving drunk—to millions of YouTube viewers —but today he made the confession where it really counts: in a courtroom. Cordle, 22, pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide and driving under the influence of alcohol in an Ohio court,...
Drunk Driver Makes Powerful Confession
'I killed a man,' says Matthew Cordle
- The video is affecting: It starts with a man, face blurred and voice obscured, stating, "I killed a man." He tells his story, about "drinking heavily" with friends and losing control. "I really don't like the person I become when I drink," he says....
Popular on Newser
6th Grader in Zoom Class Takes His Own Life
Trump Posts 'Most Important Speech I've Ever Made'
Bill Barr May Be Out Sooner Than the Inauguration
Yet Another Elected Official Flouts His Own Guidelines
3rd Mysterious Metal Monolith Appears
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.