Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Vaccine Mandate Instituted
for Los Angeles Students
Sep 10, 2021 12:32 AM CDT
Vaccine Mandate Instituted for Los Angeles Students
LAUSD students aged 12 and up must be vaccinated to return to school next year
- Students age 12 and older in the Los Angeles school system must be vaccinated before they can return to classrooms next year under one of the toughest anti-COVID mandates enacted in the nation. The board of the Los Angeles Unified School District voted Thursday to require roughly 630,000 students...
LA Teachers Return
to Work Tomorrow
Jan 22, 2019 4:04 PM CST
LA Teachers Return to Work Tomorrow
Tentative deal reached to end strike
- A tentative deal reached Tuesday between Los Angeles school officials and the teachers union will allow educators to return to classrooms after a six-day strike in the nation's second-largest district, officials said. Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, accompanied by leaders of United Teachers Los Angeles and the Los Angeles...
As Los Angeles Teachers
Strike, District Hires Subs
Jan 14, 2019 11:26 AM CST
As Los Angeles Teachers Strike, District Hires Subs
Contract negotiations failed in nation's second-largest school district
- Tens of thousands of Los Angeles teachers are striking after contentious contract negotiations failed in the nation's second-largest school district, the AP reports. Members of United Teachers Los Angeles voted last year to walk off the job for the first time in 30 years if a deal wasn't...
Bomb Threat Shuts Down
All Schools in LA
Dec 15, 2015 9:26 AM CST
Bomb Threat Shuts Down All Schools in LA
It warned about backpacks and packages
- Students in Los Angeles have no school today for the worst of reasons: a bomb threat. Police say the Los Angeles United School District received a "credible threat" involving backpacks and packages left at schools, reports the
Los Angeles Times
. "I think it’s important to take this...
Schools Hand Out iPads;
Kids Hack Them in a Week
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 29, 2013 7:48 AM CDT
Schools Hand Out iPads; Kids Hack Them in a Week
Los Angeles district is reassessing its policy
- Los Angeles school officials began rolling out their ambitious plan to equip every kid in the district with an iPad last week, but they've quickly run into a problem—the kids are pretty computer savvy. It seems that the first high school students who brought the iPads home easily...
Popular on Newser
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Mass Killer Gives Nazi Salute at Parole Hearing
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.