Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dread Pirate Roberts
'Dread Pirate Roberts' Will Spend Rest of His Days in Prison
Silk Road boss Ross Ulbricht loses appeal of his life sentence
- A three-judge panel says it "might not have imposed" a life sentence on Ross Ulbricht, who ran a drug-peddling website on the dark web, but that's no reason to overturn it. The appellate court on Wednesday found Ulbricht's sentence of life in prison without parole for drug...
Former Feds Busted for Boosting Bitcoins
Ex-DEA, Secret Service agents stole digital currency during Silk Road probe: report
- What do you do if you're a federal agent who's part of an undercover operation to bust up a booming black-market drug-dealing website? One thing you
usually do is skim a goodly portion of said site's digital currency into your pockets, but two former federal...
Silk Road Boss Found Guilty
Ross William Ulbricht faces life in prison
- Ross William Ulbricht was swiftly convicted today of creating and operating an underground website that prosecutors said enabled drug dealers around the world to reach customers they would never find on the street. The jury's verdict in federal court in Manhattan came after little more than three hours of...
What to Expect in 'Dread Pirate Roberts' Trial
Silk Road jurors will hear about murder plots, libertarianism
- The trial of alleged Silk Road drug market mastermind Ross Ulbricht begins soon, and it's expected to shine a spotlight on some of the darkest corners of the Internet. Jury selection begins tomorrow for the New York City trial of the 30-year-old, who prosecutors say was the shadowy "...
Is the Dread Pirate Roberts Really Ross Ulbricht?
David Segal delves into the case of the alleged Silk Road mastermind
- Oct. 1, 2013, brought the news that the FBI had taken down Silk Road, and with it the online drug marketplace's alleged mastermind, "Dread Pirate Roberts"—a man the FBI claims is actually Ross Ulbricht, an "ordinary nerd" who allegedly ordered hits to protect his operation....
FBI Takes Down Silk Road, Alleged Internet Drug Market
'Dread Pirate Roberts' faces a slew of charges
- The FBI has pulled the plug at least temporarily on a website accused of serving as a sort of Amazon.com for illegal drugs, reports the Verge . Undercover agents reportedly made dozens of purchases on the Silk Road website since late 2011, and the FBI today announced the arrest of...
Popular on Newser
What Happened in This Wawa Did Not Stay in This Wawa
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
Doctor Has 'Chilling' Warning in Viral COVID Video
Country Music Legend With Dementia Dies
SCOTUS Sides With Religious Groups Over COVID Restrictions
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.