Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dec 19, 2013 7:01 AM CST
Mandela Interpreter Admitted to Psych Ward
Wife: 'He might have had a breakdown'
- The interpreter who did little more than flap his arms around during Nelson Mandela's memorial is now in the hospital after a psychiatric evaluation. Thamsanqa Jantjie, who acknowledged suffering from hallucinations and schizophrenia , went for a check-up at a hospital near Johannesburg on Tuesday and was admitted immediately, the...
Bogus Mandela Interpreter
Helped Burn Two Men Alive
Dec 16, 2013 7:59 AM CST
Bogus Mandela Interpreter Helped Burn Two Men Alive
Thamsanga Jantijie describes incident as 'mob justice'
- Thamsanqa Jantjie has done things a lot worse than making up sign language —including burning two men alive, one of his relatives and three of his friends tell the AP . We already knew that Jantjie had murder charges on his resume, but now we know the specifics: Apparently Jantjie...
Fake Interpreter Once
Faced Murder Charges
Dec 13, 2013 12:16 PM CST
Fake Interpreter Once Faced Murder Charges
South African report says he has lengthy arrest record
- The news about that Nelson Mandela interpreter who wasn't actually interpreting anything just keeps getting worse. Not only has Thamsanqa Jantjie acknowledged suffering from hallucinations and schizophrenia, but a new report from South Africa's eNCA says Jantile—who was standing about a foot away from President Obama and...
Popular on Newser
A Model Died After an LA Party. Now Her Friend Is Brain-Dead
61 People Have Been Stuck in a Pub Since Friday
China, or Disney, Did a Number on Homer
Jack Dorsey: Yes, I'm Leaving Twitter
Omicron Variant Detected in North America
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.