Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Robot Dog May Have
a Future in the Circus
Sep 27, 2019 12:10 AM CDT
Robot Dog May Have a Future in the Circus
Cirque de Soliel is in talks with Boston Dynamics
- Animal-like robots that started out as a military-funded research project might be shipped off to the circus instead of the battlefield. Cirque du Soleil says it's in talks with robot maker Boston Dynamics about using the four-legged Spot robot in its live shows, the AP reports. The agile robots...
Aug 18, 2015 8:01 AM CDT
Google Robot Stumbles Through Woods Like It's Wasted
- Atlas, the "agile, anthropomorphic robot" created by Google's Boston Dynamics , is a "high mobility, humanoid robot designed to negotiate outdoor, rough terrain." Someone should have told Atlas that before creators let it take its recent foray into the forest, an expedition captured on video and shown...
Google's Latest Buy:
Military Robot Firm
Dec 16, 2013 9:58 AM CST
Google's Latest Buy: Military Robot Firm
Boston Dynamics contraption is world's fastest robot runner
- Google has purchased its eighth robotics company of the year, and its latest acquisition makes the fastest-running robot on the planet. Boston Dynamics, inventor of the Cheetah, gets US military funding to make mobile robots, the BBC reports. Along with the Cheetah—which can run 29mph—company projects include BigDog,...
Popular on Newser
Verizon Just Got Pricier
Retired Colonel Says What Kremlin Doesn't Want to Hear
Friends Say He Was Exhausted, the Band Says Otherwise
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.