Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Teen Who Sued Parents Files Restraining Order
Rachel Canning accuses Lucas Kitzmiller of choking her during fight
- Remember Rachel Canning ? Yup, the teen who sued her parents for college tuition is back in the news, this time for handing her beau a temporary restraining order. Canning accuses 18-year-old Lucas Kitzmiller—the guy her parents wanted out of the picture in the first place—of choking her...
Teen Who Sued Parents: I Got $56K Scholarship
Rachel Canning headed to Western New England University
- New Jersey's Rachel Canning made headlines in early March with her ultimately fruitless attempt to sue her parents for college tuition (she dropped the suit shortly thereafter). According to a Sunday post on her Facebook account, she may not have needed to go to so much trouble. "Decision...
Jersey Teen Drops Suit Against Her Parents
Rachel Canning has been home for a week now
- One of the strangest lawsuits of the year so far is no more. The New Jersey 18-year-old who moved out of her parents' home and then sued them for financial support has dropped her suit, reports the
. A judge today agreed to the dismissal after deciding that Rachel Canning...
Teen Who Sued Parents for Money Returns Home
Rachel Canning has moved back in with her family
- Rachel Canning, the New Jersey teen who made headlines by suing her parents for college tuition money , is ... back at their place. Her parents' attorney announced today that the 18-year-old returned to the family home and has "reunited with her parents and siblings," but that the return "...
'College Money' Suit: Lawyer Allegedly Gave Girl Booze
Sean Canning says John Inglesino is 'enabling' his daughter
- Rachel Canning's parents are alleging that the powerful attorney she's living with gave her alcohol. Canning, 18, has made headlines by suing her parents for her tuition , among other things, after she left home to stay with her friend, Jaime Inglesino. In court documents, Canning's father says...
Judge to Teen Suing Parents for Tuition: Not So Fast
NJ court sees no emergency, worries about precedent
- A New Jersey high school senior who's suing her parents for financial support , including college tuition, hit a setback yesterday: A judge in Morristown rejected an emergency order that would have meant more than $600 each week for honor student Rachel Canning, the
reports. Judge Peter Bogaard argued...
18-Year-Old Sues Mom, Dad for College Money
Rachel Canning says she was kicked out, parents owe her financial support
- A New Jersey 18-year-old who's been living with her best friend's family is suing her parents for tuition, both for her private high school and her future college. Rachel Canning says her parents kicked her out of the house; she's seeking a court ruling holding that she'...
Popular on Newser
What Happened in This Wawa Did Not Stay in This Wawa
2 Weeks in Quarantine? That May Be Changing
Sources: Fox News to Pay Seth Rich's Parents 7 Figures
Country Music Legend With Dementia Dies
Mystery of How Defector Got Over DMZ Fence May Be Solved
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.