Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Cliven Bundy Dismissed
Jan 8, 2018 3:20 PM CST
Charges Against Cliven Bundy Dismissed
The rancher's sons had their charges dismissed as well
- A judge in Las Vegas has decided to dismiss criminal charges against a Nevada rancher and his sons accused of leading an armed uprising against federal authorities in 2014. Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro signaled when she declared a mistrial last month that she might dismiss the case...
Jury Deals Massive Setback
to Bundy Standoff Prosecutors
Aug 23, 2017 1:03 AM CDT
Jury Deals Massive Setback to Bundy Standoff Prosecutors
They refused to convict 4 defendants
- A federal jury in Las Vegas refused Tuesday to convict four defendants who were retried on accusations that they threatened and assaulted federal agents by wielding assault weapons in a 2014 confrontation to stop a cattle roundup near the Nevada ranch of states' rights figure Cliven Bundy. In a stunning...
Rancher Cliven Bundy Goes
Against Feds in Court
Feb 6, 2017 2:32 PM CST
Rancher Cliven Bundy Goes Against Feds in Court
He refused to pay grazing fees for federal land
- A closely watched trial about the modern West and the freedom of ranchers to use federal land begins Monday in Las Vegas. The big name involved is rancher Cliven Bundy , who led an armed standoff in Nevada against federal agents in 2014 over unpaid grazing fees. His adult sons also...
Obama Protects 1.6M Acres
With Controversial Move
Dec 29, 2016 6:36 AM CST
Obama Protects 1.6M Acres With Controversial Move
Designates 2 monuments in Utah, Nevada
- President Obama has delighted conservationists but angered conservatives with the creation of two more national monuments in the closing weeks of his presidency. The Bears Ears National Monument in Utah and the Gold Butte National Monument in Nevada add huge stretches of desert areas known for sandstone formations and Native...
Obama Wants to
Sell My Ranch to
May 11, 2016 12:33 AM CDT
Cliven Bundy: Obama Wants to Sell My Ranch to 'Communist Chinese'
He filed a 'completely bonkers' lawsuit Tuesday
- Cliven Bundy has filed what Gawker calls a "completely bonkers" lawsuit against President Obama, Harry Reid, Reid's son, and a federal judge. According to the
Las Vegas Review-Journal
, the 70-year-old Bundy is seeking more than $50 million in damages and his prompt release from custody for various alleged...
Cliven Bundy, Sons
Indicted for 2014 Standoff
Feb 18, 2016 1:42 AM CST
Cliven Bundy, Sons Indicted for 2014 Standoff
'Tremendous step toward ending more than 20 years of law breaking'
- A federal grand jury in Nevada indicted Cliven Bundy and four others Wednesday on 16 charges related to an armed standoff near his ranch in 2014 over unpaid grazing fees. The 69-year-old Nevada rancher was arrested Feb. 10 in Portland, Ore., where his sons Ammon and Ryan Bundy are jailed...
Flies to Oregon,
Feb 11, 2016 6:15 AM CST
Cliven Bundy Flies to Oregon, Gets Arrested
He faces same charge as his sons
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy flew into Portland, Ore., on Wednesday night to support four occupiers at a wildlife refuge —and was promptly arrested by the FBI. The
reports that the 74-year-old was booked into the Multnomah County Jail after being arrested at Portland International Airport on charges relating...
Feds in No Rush to Remove
Jan 5, 2016 6:35 AM CST
Feds in No Rush to Remove Oregon Occupiers
They'll wait it out instead of risking a bloodbath, experts say
- Heavily armed occupiers are still in control of a federal wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon—and for now, the government appears to be in no rush to evict the activists calling themselves "Citizens for Constitutional Freedom." Authorities have set up a nearby command center, but experts tell the...
Militia Group: We'll
Hold Ore. Refuge
'as Long as It Takes'
Jan 4, 2016 6:38 AM CST
Militia Group: We'll Hold Ore. Refuge 'as Long as It Takes'
Sheriff says they plotted to overthrow government
- The protesters who seized control of an unoccupied building at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon over the weekend are armed, angry, and apparently hunkering down for a long stay. "We will be here for as long as it takes," Army veteran Ryan Payne tells the
Cliven Bundy Son,
Militia Take Over
Jan 3, 2016 10:00 AM CST
Cliven Bundy Son, Militia Take Over Fed Building
Ammon Bundy calls for militiamen to protest ranchers sentenced for arson
- A protest in support of Oregon ranchers facing jail time for arson was followed by an occupation of a building at a national wildlife refuge led by Ammon Bundy—the son of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who was in a standoff with the government over grazing rights. The younger Bundy...
Vegas Killers Covered
Dead Cops With Cloth
Jun 9, 2014 7:46 AM CDT
Vegas Killers Covered Dead Cops With Cloth
Couple appear to have links to the white supremacist movement
- The man and woman who killed two Las Vegas police officers and a civilian before taking their own lives yesterday appear to have links to the white supremacist movement, police sources say. The shooters were a married couple in their 20s and the initial investigation has turned up swastikas and...
May 11, 2014 6:32 AM CDT
ATV Riders, Bundy Son Protest Feds in Utah
Cliven Bundy son is among out-of-state supporters at illegal rally
- The showdown between citizens and feds over federally administered lands spread yesterday to Utah, where about 50 people took to their ATVs in a protest that sought to reclaim access to a canyon that had been closed to vehicles since 2007. "It’s a county road," says the...
Get Bundy Militia Out
May 5, 2014 2:10 AM CDT
Nev. Lawmaker: Get Bundy Militia Out
He wants state to 'get rid of armed separatists'
- Most of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's conservative allies backed away after his "Negro" remarks —but there are still plenty of heavily armed militia members camped around his ranch and neighbors are becoming uneasy, a Democratic congressman says. At a public event over the weekend, Rep. Steven Horsford...
Racist Rancher, Fox
Apr 25, 2014 8:09 AM CDT
Stewart Skewers Racist Rancher, Fox
Cliven Bundy's statements cap off Stewart's feud with Hannity
- If you've been watching the
this week, you knew Jon Stewart would weigh in on Cliven Bundy's racist comments , and he got right to it last night , deriding the rancher as a "professor of Negro studies … at Duke University. David Duke University." He...
Rancher Bundy Doubles Down on Racist Remarks
Apr 25, 2014 3:26 AM CDT
Rancher Bundy Doubles Down on Racist Remarks
As his conservative allies back away
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy is standing by his widely condemned remarks on slavery even as most of his conservative allies hastily back away from him. "I don't think I'm wrong," Bundy, who wondered if black people were "better off as slaves, picking cotton and having...
Explains the 'Negro'
Apr 24, 2014 10:18 AM CDT
Rancher Bundy Explains the 'Negro'
Rand Paul and other supporters quickly start distancing themselves
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy became a hero in some libertarian and conservative circles for his standoff with federal authorities over grazing rights earlier this month. But then he kept talking. The
New York Times
today quotes him thusly:
“I want to tell you one more thing I know about
In Shootout With Feds,
We'd 'Put Women
at Front': Ex-Sheriff
Apr 15, 2014 11:59 AM CDT
In Shootout With Feds, We'd 'Put Women at Front': Ex-Sheriff
Richard Mack explains strategy in Nevada cattle showdown
- Fortunately, a face-off between a rancher's supporters—some armed—and federal officials concluded peacefully in Nevada on Saturday. Had it not, a former Arizona sheriff had a plan: "We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front" near the feds, Richard Mack told Fox...
Feds Halt Roundup
of Rancher's Cattle,
Fearing for Safety
Apr 12, 2014 4:15 PM CDT
Feds Halt Roundup of Rancher's Cattle, Fearing for Safety
Officials, protesters faced off earlier this week
- After a confrontation between locals and federal officials this week, the US has ended a Nevada cattle roundup early, CNN reports. "We have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public," said Neil...
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
As Testimony Ends, Cheney's Closing Called 'Stunning'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.