Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Soylent Now Being Sold
Jul 10, 2017 6:40 PM CDT
Soylent Now Being Sold at 7-Eleven
Soylent is being offered offline in 18 stores for the first time
- Move over, sugary Slurpees—a trendy new drink that purports to offer a whole lot more in the nutrition department is about to hit the shelves at 7-Eleven. Quartz reports that the chain launched its first run of Soylent products Monday in 18 stores across the greater-LA region. It’s...
Oct 28, 2016 9:28 AM CDT
Better Toss That Soylent Powder, Too
More illnesses linked to common Soylent ingredient
- It's apparently not just Soylent bars making people sick . The company is now warning customers about its signature meal replacement powder, which has been removed from shelves after a "handful" of users reported cases of diarrhea, vomiting, and other stomach issues, just like with its Food Bars . Though...
It's Time to
Oct 13, 2016 8:40 AM CDT
It's Time to Chuck Those Soylent Bars
Company still not sure what's making people sick
- Soylent started out by suggesting all those people violently ill after eating their meal replacement bars were just sensitive . Not so anymore. The company is asking customers to throw out all of its Food Bars while it halts sales and shipments of the product, reports Gizmodo . However, Soylent—which is...
Soylent Food Bars
Oct 11, 2016 5:22 PM CDT
Soylent Food Bars Making People Violently, Mysteriously Sick
Company is investigating, suspects some consumers have food sensitivity
- Soylent offers food replacement drinks and snack bars , but you may want to stay away from the bars for now. As Ars Technica reports, some people are becoming ill after eating them, leaving Rosa Labs on the defensive. "We have retrieved remaining bars from our consumers and have personally...
Soylent CEO Charged Over
'Experimental Living Facility'
Jul 31, 2016 4:52 PM CDT
Soylent CEO Charged Over 'Experimental Living Facility'
Rob Rhinehart's shipping container is hauled off an LA hilltop
- The man behind the liquid food substitute called Soylent is in trouble with the law over a shipping container he put up on a hilltop overlooking Los Angeles, the
reports. Last week, prosecutors in Montecito Heights charged Rob Rhinehart, 27, with unpermitted construction and other violations in connection with...
May 29, 2014 1:40 PM CDT
Soylent Too 'Joyless' to Revolutionize Food
Farhad Manjoo not a fan, though the dietary drink has its supporters
- The makers of Soylent say their product takes the stress out of trying to eat well by simplifying the process: Just drink the stuff, get all the nutrients you need, and skip actual food entirely. Farhad Manjoo of the
New York Times
gave it a shot but found it to...
Popular on Newser
A Game for the Ages Sparks Call for Rule Change
Palin Tests Positive for COVID, NYT Trial Delayed
A.I. Has Changed Poker, and Maybe Killed Its 'Soul'
After Another Attack, a New Subway Warning
Female Tourist Detained After Giving Nazi Salute at Auschwitz
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.