Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
FBI Offers $1M Reward for
Caitlan Coleman's Captors
May 15, 2020 5:33 AM CDT
FBI Offers $1M Reward for Caitlan Coleman's Captors
Feds say they want to bring justice to kidnapped US citizen
- More than two years after she was rescued by Pakistani forces , the FBI is offering a reward for the Taliban-linked captors of US woman Caitlan Coleman and her husband, Canadian citizen Joshua Boyle. A reward notice states that the government will give up to $1 million for information leading to...
She Was Held by Taliban, but
It Was Her Husband She Feared
Mar 28, 2019 12:46 PM CDT
She Was Held by Taliban, but It Was Her Husband She Feared
Caitlin Coleman describes years of abuse at trial
- A woman once held by the Taliban detailed in court the abuse she says she suffered in captivity—at the hands of her husband, not the Taliban. Caitlin Coleman testified Wednesday in Canada in the trial of Joshua Boyle, her now estranged spouse who faces 19 charges , reports the CBC...
Former Hostage Says Husband
Abused Her in Captivity
Sep 6, 2018 6:43 AM CDT
Former Hostage Says Husband Abused Her in Captivity
Canadian Joshua Boyle loses custody of children
- Caitlan Coleman, the American woman held hostage in Afghanistan for 5 years , says her own husband made the ordeal much worse. In court papers obtained by the
, the 32-year-old Coleman says Joshua Boyle, her 34-year-old Canadian husband, became mentally and physically abusive, confining her to a shower stall...
Rescued US Hostage
Rushed to Hospital
Oct 18, 2017 1:46 AM CDT
Rescued US Hostage Rushed to Hospital
Caitlan Boyle has 'been through hell,' husband says
- Joshua Boyle, a Canadian who was rescued with his family last week by Pakistani troops, says that his wife had to be rushed to the hospital from his parents' Ontario home and remains there. Boyle told the AP that his wife, American citizen Caitlan Boyle, was admitted Monday. His email...
Rough Weekend for
'Broken' Freed Family
Oct 16, 2017 11:50 AM CDT
Rough Weekend for 'Broken' Freed Family
Joshua Boyle says he and his wife didn't think the adjustment to freedom would be so hard
- After five years in captivity, freedom is a lot harder than Joshua Boyle expected. The Canadian man tells CNN he and his American wife, Caitlan Coleman, and their three children are suffering. "We're pretty broken and we didn't expect this," he says. After arriving in Toronto...
Rescued Hostage Has
Harsh Words for US Interests
Oct 14, 2017 5:00 AM CDT
Rescued Hostage Has Harsh Words for US Interests
And Joshua Boyle says kidnappers killed one of his children
- US-Canadian couple Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle landed in Canada late Friday, five years after they were kidnapped in Afghanistan, the AP reports. They arrived with their three young children, who were all born in captivity. Coleman and Boyle were rescued Wednesday , five years after they had been abducted by...
Video of Kidnapped
Couple Shows Sons
Born in Captivity
Dec 20, 2016 7:15 AM CST
Video of Kidnapped Couple Shows Sons Born in Captivity
Taliban abducted American Caitlan Coleman and Canadian Joshua Boyle in 2012
- A newly released video of an American woman and her Canadian husband kidnapped by the Taliban four years ago shows them with two young boys—their own sons born in captivity. Joshua Boyle and Caitlan Coleman were abducted in Afghanistan while on a backpacking trip in 2012, and Coleman, now...
New Video of
Captive US Mom in
Aug 31, 2016 4:18 AM CDT
New Video of Captive US Mom in Afghanistan Surfaces
Couple warn that Taliban will kill them and their children
- The State Department says it is evaluating a video released by the Afghan Taliban showing a Canadian man and his American wife warning that their Afghan captors will kill them and their children unless the Kabul government ends its executions of Taliban prisoners. The video uploaded to YouTube on Tuesday...
'Only Clues' About US Mom Held in Afghanistan Emerge
Jun 5, 2014 7:46 AM CDT
'Only Clues' About US Mom Held in Afghanistan Emerge
Family goes public with videos after Bergdahl release
- The release of Bowe Bergdahl has the parents of two others held hostage in Afghanistan going public with videos of the couple asking for help. American Caitlan Coleman and Canadian husband Joshua Boyle disappeared while on vacation in Afghanistan 20 months ago. Coleman was pregnant at the time. Then, in...
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
Melania Trump's Hat 'Collateral Damage' of Crypto Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.