Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 203,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Crews Recover Bodies of 7 Missing Climbers
Search continues for the 8th
- A search team has recovered the bodies of seven of the eight climbers missing in the Indian Himalayas for a month. The bodies have not been identified, said a government official in northern India, who said returning them to the base camp will take two or three days, per ABC...
Bodies of Missing Climbers Found on 'Killer Mountain'
Searchers confirm silhouettes spotted on Nanga Parbat are bodies of Tom Ballard, Daniele Nardi
- Two weeks after they went missing on the world's ninth-tallest mountain , the bodies of British climber Tom Ballard and Italian Daniele Nardi have been found on Nanga Parbat, Pakistan's so-called "Killer Mountain," reports the
Wrote Italy's ambassador to Pakistan: "With great sadness I...
American Cop Missing on Russia's Tallest Mountain
Steven Beare was due at a checkpoint June 16 but never showed up
- A police officer and national guardsman from Colorado is missing on Russia's tallest mountain, the
reports. Steven Beare, attempting his first solo climb without a guide, was due at a checkpoint June 16 but never arrived. "We know that there was a really bad storm that...
Remains of Climbers Missing 45 Years Are Found
Japanese duo were trying to scale the Matterhorn
- Two Japanese climbers who went missing 45 years ago and whose bones were found on a glacier under the Matterhorn mountain have been identified, say Swiss police. The remains of the men, whose names have not been released, were found in September by another climber more than 9,000 feet...
Missing Climber's Frozen Body Found 32 Years Later
Patrice Hyvert disappeared on Mont Blanc in 1982 when he was just 23
- Some 32 years after he went missing, the body of aspiring mountain guide Patrice Hyvert has been found, frozen, on a glacier in the Mont Blanc range. Just 23 at the time he vanished during a solo climb of one of the Mont Blanc massif's main peaks, Hyvert was...
Popular on Newser
They Were Told Spring Break Trip Was Safe. Now, 28 Are Sick
Bill Gates: 3 Things We Need to Do ASAP on Virus
The 'Coronavirus Truthers' Have Arrived
New Theory Floated on Origins of Coronavirus
He Went Missing, but Friends Didn't Buy Family's Story
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.