Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 2,629,370+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
A Real-Life Ninja? One Guy Is Close
A Japanese university has its first graduate in a ninja program
- Ninjas are the stuff of lore in Japan, not to mention Hollywood. But now a 45-year-old Japanese man can lay claim to being the closest thing to an actual ninja in the modern world. Genichi Mitsuhashi is the first person to complete a rigorous master's program in the ninja...
Invisible Ink Brings an A in Ninja History Class
Student in Japan wins points for creativity
- A professor in Japan had to concede that a student in ninja history knew her stuff when she turned in an essay in invisible ink that she'd made herself. The essay came with a note written in regular ink saying to heat before reading. Once the professor held the...
Cops Finally Catch 'Ninja' Thief, and It's a Surprise
Agile crook who eluded police for 8 years is 74 years old, say authorities in Japan
- For the better part of a decade, an agile, black-clad thief eluded police in Osaka, Japan, as he pulled off burglary after burglary. But the reign of the crook who came to be known as the "Ninja of Heisei" appears to be over, and it came with a big...
'Ninja' Breaks Into Store, Steals Just One Thing
A katana sword
- A person dressed as a ninja broke into an Anchorage, Alaska, comics and games store Friday night and only took one thing—arguably the one thing a ninja needs most: a katana sword. The only damage left behind was at the point of entry, and when staff members reviewed surveillance...
American Is Japan's First Foreign Ninja
Chris O'Neill back-flipped his way to coolest gig ever
- It's yet another first in the odd field of American ninja-dom: A tourism panel in the Japanese prefecture of Aichi has named American Chris O'Neill as the first foreign ninja to find paid work in Japan. The 29-year-old, who lives in Tokyo, was one of 235 people to...
Professional Ninjas Wanted, Apply Today
Japan is making childhood dreams come true
- Japan is about to make some childhood dreams come true. That's because the country's Aichi prefecture is currently hiring six full-time ninjas, Quartz reports. According to the BBC , a neighboring prefecture has a highly successful ninja museum, and Aichi wants to bring in tourists of its own. The...
2 Ninja-Robbers Get Out-Ninjaed
They run into a sword-wielding clerk
- Two ninja-clad teens armed with a machete and expecting an easy robbery at a Pittsburgh convenience store got quite a shock when a cashier pulled out a sword and started chasing them. Surveillance video shows the teens entering Perry Market on Friday night. One goes behind the counter with his...
Ninja Sister-Wives Busted in Crazy Home Invasion
They were ultimately defeated by guy with a Samurai sword, natch
- "I went to the bottom of the stairs and saw a couple of ninjas coming down." So begins the crazy tale out of Utah from Thursday night. As the
Salt Lake Tribune
tells it, two women—variously described as either sister wives or in a polygamous relationship with...
Popular on Newser
Guy With COVID-19 Admits His 'Stupidity,' Dies the Next Day
Fort Hood Soldier Kills Himself After Remains Found
Doomed Groom May Have Infected 100 at His Wedding
Fox Anchor Out Amid Sexual Misconduct Accusations
In This State, the Party's Over
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.