Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Feb 26, 2015 12:20 PM CST
Judge Tosses Case Against Argentine Prez
Rules Alberto Nisman's case didn't meet 'minimal conditions'
- A federal judge today dismissed a prosecutor's allegations that Argentine President Cristina Fernandez tried to cover-up the alleged involvement of Iranian officials in the 1994 bombing of a Jewish center in Buenos Aires. Judge Daniel Rafecas said the documents originally filed by the late prosecutor Alberto Nisman failed to...
In Argentina, a
Nation of Sudden
Feb 8, 2015 11:52 AM CST
In Argentina, a Nation of Sudden Conspiracy Theorists
The mysterious death of Nisman is the nation's sudden obsession
- The mysterious death of special prosecutor Alberto Nisman has turned Argentina into a nation of Oliver Stones, reports the
New York Times
in a look at the new favorite national pastime, as various conspiracy theories blame President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner , the nation's spy agency, or really, anyone. "...
Trash: Draft of
for Argentine Prez
Feb 3, 2015 3:26 PM CST
In Prosecutor's Trash: Draft of Arrest Warrant for Argentine Prez
Document accusing Cristina Kirchner reportedly found in Alberto Nisman's home
- A 26-page draft of an arrest warrant for Argentine President Cristina Kirchner was found in the garbage at the apartment of deceased federal prosecutor Alberto Nisman , the
New York Times
reports, adding further mystery to his already conspiracy-theory-laden death. The country's lead investigator in the case—Nisman was found...
Disbands Spy Agency
Jan 27, 2015 12:43 AM CST
Rattled Argentina Disbands Spy Agency
Fernandez to limit powers of new intelligence service
- There are still far more questions than answers in the mysterious death of special prosecutor Alberto Nisman, but the case has already changed Argentina. President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner—who earlier said she was convinced the death wasn't the suicide it was initially labeled as—has announced plans to...
'The Suicide Was
Not a Suicide'
Jan 22, 2015 11:17 AM CST
Argentine Prez: 'The Suicide Was Not a Suicide'
Alberto Nisman's report released as his death gets murkier
- Argentine President Cristina Fernandez dropped a bombshell on the mysterious death of Alberto Nisman today, telling state media that suspicions "have been converted into certainty. The suicide (I'm convinced) was not a suicide." That's in direct contrast to her statement Monday, which said she believed the...
Gun That Killed 'Cover-Up'
Prosecutor Wasn't His
Jan 20, 2015 7:00 AM CST
Gun That Killed 'Cover-Up' Prosecutor Wasn't His
Associates say Argentina's Alberto Nisman was eager to testify
- The death of special prosecutor Alberto Nisman the day before he was due to testify about an alleged cover-up in the bombing of a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires is looking pretty fishy to many Argentines—not least because of the country's history of suspicious high-level suicides, and...
Jan 19, 2015 9:18 AM CST
Argentina Prosecutor Who Claimed Cover-Up Found Dead
Alberto Nisman found shot to death hours before set to testify
- A special prosecutor who accused Argentine President Cristina Fernandez of ordering impunity for Iranian suspects in the South American country's worst terrorist attack has been found shot dead. Alberto Nisman, who was set to testify today in a closed-door hearing, was found in his Buenos Aires apartment late yesterday,...
Popular on Newser
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Trump: US 'Temperature Has to Be Brought Down'
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
'Extreme Heat Belt' Emerging in US
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.