Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 163,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
3 People Car Surf Atop a Packed SUV. One Ends Up Dead
There were as many as 10 people inside the Jeep Cherokee
- What's more dangerous than carrying at least a dozen people in one Jeep Cherokee? Having three of the passengers "car surf" on its roof. That's what the Oklahoma Highway Patrol says was the case near Pitcher around 3pm Saturday; the car swerved off a gravel road, careened...
Early Morning Car Surfing Turns Deadly for NM Woman
It's at least the 7th such death this year
- A young woman from New Mexico taking part in a dangerous activity in the early morning hours Sunday paid for it with her life, the
Farmington Daily Times
reports. Wilberta Becenti, 23—though the AP notes her online obituary has her age as 21—was standing on top of a...
Teen's Death Exposes Dangers of 'Car Surfing'
Shana Chavez, 16, fell while riding on an SUV's back bumper
- A family is warning about the dangers of "car surfing" after a 16-year-old died in Iowa. Shana Chavez had just gotten off work at a Theisen's farm supply store last Friday when she and another girl hopped on the back bumper of an SUV while a 17-year-old male...
Popular on Newser
86-Year-Old Dead in Apparent Social-Distancing Dust-Up
Here's When You'll Get Your Coronavirus Money
Bored Scientist Has Cool Magnet Idea, Doesn't End Well
David Geffen's Self-Isolation Yacht Post Not Going Over Well
Liberty University Students Are Getting Sick: Report
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.