Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest Buzzfeed news on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
BuzzFeed Employees Seek
Millions Over Stock Snafu
Mar 21, 2022 2:47 PM CDT
BuzzFeed Employees Seek Millions Over Stock Snafu
Group of former, current employees say they were unable to sell on IPO day
- In the early days at BuzzFeed, employees labored with relatively low pay and dreams of IPO day, when their stock options would make them whole. This is the common arrangement in many start-ups. Terms like
SPAC, stock transfer agent,
probably did not figure into employees’ thinking at the...
One Digital Media Giant
Nov 19, 2020 1:54 PM CST
One Digital Media Giant Acquires Another
BuzzFeed to buy HuffPost
- BuzzFeed is buying HuffPost from Verizon as part of a bigger deal that has the wireless giant investing in the digital-media company, per the AP . BuzzFeed and Verizon did not disclose terms of the deal. Verizon will be a minority shareholder in BuzzFeed, and the two companies will partner on...
Is the 'Hero
May 12, 2020 2:20 PM CDT
Guy Fieri Is the 'Hero We Need'
Writing for BuzzFeed, Scaachi Koul goes to bat for the often-maligned celebrity chef
- Guy Fieri has somehow morphed into a scapegoat of sorts over the years: The affable celebrity chef has been the butt of existential jokes , the recipient of bad restaurant reviews , and the subject of some odd headlines . But we've got the 52-year-old foodie all wrong, writes Scaachi Koul for...
He Had a New Scoop
on R. Kelly. One Problem
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 16, 2019 1:00 PM CDT
He Had a New Scoop on R. Kelly. One Problem
Jim DeRogatis describes the long and winding path to BuzzFeed
- When it comes to major scoops, Jim DeRogatis has had a few. The music critic famously received a fax in November 2000 that made a detailed but anonymous allegation: "Robert’s problem is young girls." Robert, in this case, was R. Kelly, and the story the
BuzzFeed Is Out
May 17, 2019 10:51 AM CDT
BuzzFeed Is Out With Damning Report on Tony Robbins
Self-help guru accused of sexual harassment, verbally abusive tirades
- Tony Robbins wants you to come to his seminars and immerse yourself in his motivational mantras, but from BuzzFeed comes the story he "doesn't want you to read." It's the result of a yearlong probe into the self-help life coach, complete with allegations of sexual harassment...
For 1K in Media, It's Bad News
Jan 26, 2019 5:56 PM CST
For 1K in Media, It's Bad News
Layoffs hit BuzzFeed, HuffPo, and others
- For many reporters, it's been a hard week. Roughly 1,000 editors, writers, and other media employees were laid off, and more cuts may be coming, the Cut reports. It began Wednesday when Verizon—the owner of AOL, Yahoo, and the Huffington Post—said 7% of its staff was...
Mueller Sought Evidence of
BuzzFeed Story, 'Found None'
Jan 20, 2019 11:03 AM CST
Mueller Sought Evidence of BuzzFeed Story, 'Found None'
'Washington Post' takes a look at what led to special counsel's extraordinary rebuttal
- In the days since BuzzFeed's dizzying report that President Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress, Robert Mueller's office issued a statement saying the report was "not accurate," and clarity doesn't appear to be emerging. The
takes a look at what drove...
Mueller Almost Never Speaks
About His Case. He Just Did
Jan 19, 2019 6:00 AM CST
Mueller Almost Never Speaks About His Case. He Just Did
Special counsel offers 'rare' public statement refuting part of BuzzFeed report on Trump, Cohen
- The BuzzFeed report that had all of DC abuzz was roundly attacked by Trump supporters Friday after it alleged President Trump had instructed former attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress in 2017 about efforts to build a condo tower in Moscow. On Friday, a new detractor of the report...
After Damning Report, 3 Key
Words Are in Circulation
Jan 18, 2019 12:40 PM CST
After Damning Report, 3 Key Words Are in Circulation
'If it's true.' BuzzFeed story about Trump has DC buzzing with the implications
- BuzzFeed came out on Thursday night with a scoop about the Robert Mueller investigation that has most pundits in agreement on thing: It's very bad news for President Trump,
if it's true
. The latter point is a crucial one, given that the report is based on two...
It's 'Almost Like
a Murder Squad'
Oct 16, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
It's 'Almost Like a Murder Squad'
BuzzFeed News digs into the alleged actions of the Spear Operations Group
- It's "almost like a murder squad," an incredulous former CIA official told BuzzFeed News . The site had called him for comment as it dug into a potential bombshell of a story: that former elite US special operations fighters were assassinating high-profile figures in Yemen, but not as...
Trump Lawyer's Claim 'Utter
Fiction,' Says Daniels' Lawyer
Mar 15, 2018 2:10 AM CDT
Trump Lawyer's Claim 'Utter Fiction,' Says Daniels' Lawyer
A Trump Organization attorney has been linked to adult film actress's case
- Yet another twist in the Stormy Daniels case: Newly released documents link a Trump Organization lawyer to an agreement to block the adult film star from discussing her alleged affair with President Trump, NBC News reports. Assistant general counsel Jill Martin filed a document as part of confidential arbitration proceedings...
Trump's Lawyer Sues Over
Jan 10, 2018 6:20 AM CST
Trump's Lawyer Sues Over Controversial Dossier
While Ben Smith of BuzzFeed defends decision to publish
- The infamous dossier about then-candidate Donald Trump continues to generate a slew of new headlines. On Tuesday, President Trump's personal attorney sued the research firm that compiled the dossier along with BuzzFeed, which made it public. In his separate suits against Fusion GPS and the media outlet, attorney Michael...
Major US Massage
Chain Hit With
Nov 27, 2017 9:08 AM CST
Major US Massage Chain Hit With Sexual Assault Scandal
Nearly 200 complaints, suits filed against Massage Envy for assaults, mismanagement of complaints
- What one would expect when frequenting a place called Massage Envy: a massage. What one absolutely wouldn't expect: to be sexually assaulted. Yet per an investigation by BuzzFeed , the nation's largest massage franchise chain, its employees, and individual spas have racked up more than 180 police reports, lawsuits,...
BuzzFeed Is No Longer
'Too Lit,' Legally Speaking
Oct 11, 2017 7:03 PM CDT
BuzzFeed Is No Longer 'Too Lit,' Legally Speaking
'New York Times' lawyers contact BuzzFeed over new slogan
- If anyone asks—especially lawyers for the
New York Times
—BuzzFeed's new Twitter Live show is no longer "too lit for print." Mashable reports BuzzFeed has removed the slogan for its show,
AM to DM
, from all graphics after the
' lawyers got in touch. For more...
Jul 17, 2017 11:00 AM CDT
BuzzFeed Out With Damning Report on R. Kelly
Parents accuse him of keeping their daughters in a 'cult'
- Singer R. Kelly is no stranger to controversy, and a lengthy new report at BuzzFeed has just served up a huge new portion. The bombshell allegation: Parents say the 50-year-old singer is keeping young women in an abusive "cult" at his various properties and controlling their every move. The...
At 'Rogue' Clinic,
Requests for Poop
Milkshakes Are Normal
Jun 29, 2017 10:30 AM CDT
At 'Rogue' Clinic, Requests for Poop Milkshakes Are Normal
At least they're not taken orally
- Preparing the sample takes about 45 minutes. A little water is added to the frozen brown mass and blended with a hand mixer until the substance is just thicker than a milkshake. The next part takes less than five minutes: A syringe collects the slurry, then puts it into a...
The Cop Who May Have
Framed Dozens, the City
That Did Nothing
Apr 4, 2017 1:00 PM CDT
The Cop Who May Have Framed Dozens, the City That Did Nothing
BuzzFeed's Melissa Segura says many players in Chicago may have played a part
- Retired Chicago police detective Reynaldo Guevara is accused of framing dozens for murder from the '80s into the early 2000s, allegedly beating out confessions, coaxing witnesses during suspect lineups, and sending more than 50 people away for a combined 2,300-plus years. Melissa Segura examines one case in particular...
Homeless Man's Mission to
Prevent HIV Saves Thousands
Mar 1, 2017 8:10 PM CST
Homeless Man's Mission to Prevent HIV Saves Thousands
Record-breaking decrease in England's stats once Greg Owen got involved
- Last year in England, the number of gay men diagnosed with HIV was slashed by a third from the previous year. The drop was even more drastic in London, with a 40% decrease, and, as Patrick Strudwick reveals for BuzzFeed , that major shift was driven by a homeless ex-sex worker...
A Tragic Attack,
a Dead Man's
Feb 9, 2017 1:03 AM CST
A Tragic Attack, a Dead Man's Mockery
Tommie Woodward allegedly said 'F--- that gator!' before gator killed him
- Tommie Woodward gained fame in his death on a July night nearly two years ago, and his family has been trying to keep people from laughing about his demise ever since. Thomas Golianopoulos writes for BuzzFeed about the tragic end to the 28-year-old's life when he jumped into a...
BuzzFeed Turns Trump's
Insult Into Attire, $25K
Jan 12, 2017 2:48 PM CST
BuzzFeed Turns Trump's Insult Into Attire, $25K
Site starts hawking merchandise in response to Trump's diss
- When the soon-to-be leader of the free world labels you a "failing pile of garbage," well, make T-shirts. BuzzFeed, under no small amount of scrutiny for its decision to publish an unsubstantiated bombshell alleging Russia has dirt on Donald Trump , took the aforementioned moniker Trump gave the site...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Judge Declares Florida Abortion Law Unconstitutional
Radio Station Abruptly Starts Playing Same Song on a Loop
Supreme Court Puts a Big Case on Next Term's Docket
Suspect in Star Cyclist's Murder Is Caught
Mom of Hospital Escapee: 'Terrified for the Community'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.