Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Pulse Orlando shooting
Stories 1 - 20 |
Her Husband Killed 49 People.
Here Is What's on Her Mind
Oct 24, 2021 10:50 AM CDT
Her Husband Killed 49 People. Here Is What's on Her Mind
Noor Salman describes abuse at hands of Omar Mateen
- The wife of the Pulse nightclub gunman was in March 2018 found not guilty of helping Omar Mateen plan the 2016 massacre that left 49 dead. Many were left unconvinced. The jury foreman went so far as to provide a statement to the
just hours later indicating the...
Biden Declares Pulse
Site a National Memorial
Jun 12, 2021 4:50 PM CDT
Biden Declares Pulse Site a National Memorial
As Orlando marks anniversary of attack, president pushes for gun legislation
- "Pulse Nightclub is hallowed ground," President Biden said in a statement Saturday, making that official by announcing the Orlando site will become a national memorial. Five years ago to the day, a gunman opened fire in the gay club on Latin Night, killing 49 people and wounding 53....
Dem Lied, Said She Was
ER Doc in Pulse Shooting
Jul 21, 2019 8:37 AM CDT
Dem Lied, Said She Was ER Doc in Pulse Shooting
C. Elizabeth McCarthy drops out of Florida House race after it's revealed that she's not even a doctor
- C. Elizabeth McCarthy wanted to win a Florida House seat, and she was willing to tell voters a whopper to do so. As the
reports, McCarthy said at various campaign events for House District 28 that she was a medical doctor working the Orlando Regional Medical Center ER...
Jan 10, 2019 8:24 AM CST
Anti-LGBT Pastor Resigns Amid Prostitute Allegations
Donnie Romero, who called Pulse Orlando victims 'scum,' allegedly paid for sex, used drugs
- The website for Fort Worth's Stedfast Baptist Church describes it as an "old-fashioned" institution that goes in "hard against sin" and "stands for the old paths and zero compromise preaching." Its notorious founder, however, who railed against the Pulse nightclub victims as "perverts" and...
Pulse Shooter's Widow
Found Not Guilty
Mar 30, 2018 9:36 AM CDT
Pulse Shooter's Widow Found Not Guilty
Jury clears Noor Salman of charges she assisted husband Omar Nateen
- The widow of Pulse nightclub gunman Omar Mateen has been found not guilty of charges that she helped him plan the 2016 massacre that left 49 dead. Noor Salman had been charged with obstruction and providing material support to a terrorist organization, and she faced life in prison if convicted....
Meant to Attack
Mar 28, 2018 4:29 PM CDT
Pulse Shooter Meant to Attack Disney World: Prosecutors
But was scared off by police presence there, they say
- Omar Mateen meant to go on his shooting rampage at Disney World in June 2016—but was scared off by the police presence there and instead attacked Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Fla., killing 49, according to prosecutors in the case against Mateen's wife, Noor Salman. Salman, 31, is accused...
Pulse Shooter's Father
Served as Secret FBI Informant
Mar 26, 2018 9:45 AM CDT
Pulse Shooter's Father Served as Secret FBI Informant
Attorneys for shooter's wife say prosecutors' late revelation worthy of having case thrown out
- The ongoing trial of the wife of Pulse Orlando shooter Omar Mateen has revealed a new wrinkle: It seems that Mateen's father, Seddique Mateen, served as a confidential FBI informant from 2005 to 2016. Prosecutors only told the defense team about it over the weekend, and defense lawyers for...
Here's What Wife
Texted Shooter During
Mar 22, 2018 2:00 AM CDT
Here's What Wife Texted Shooter During Pulse Massacre
Noor Salman is on trial for allegedly helping husband plan deadly Orlando attack
- "I love you babe." Those were the final words Omar Mateen texted his wife after he shot and killed 49 people at a Florida nightclub and before he himself was shot and killed by police, the AP reports. Data from the Pulse shooter's cellphone was submitted as...
Is Killed in Accident
May 31, 2017 1:33 AM CDT
She Survived Pulse Shooting, Is Killed in Accident
Jahqui Sevilla helped injured friend escape
- Sad news from Orlando: Jahqui Sevilla, a 20-year-old woman who survived last year's Pulse nightclub massacre , has been killed in a head-on collision less than two weeks before the anniversary. Troopers say Sevilla was driving south on State Road 417 around 12:30am Monday when her Mitsubushi Lancer crossed...
'Extraordinarily Rare' Move in
Case of Orlando Shooter's Wife
Mar 2, 2017 5:28 AM CST
'Extraordinarily Rare' Move in Case of Orlando Shooter's Wife
Noor Salman ordered released from jail until trial
- A federal judge in California said Wednesday that it is "debatable" whether the government has enough evidence to convict a woman of helping her husband plan the Orlando nightclub rampage, ordering her released from jail until trial. US Magistrate Judge Donna Ryu also said Noor Salman , 31, is not...
White House Lists 78
'Underreported' Terror Attacks
Feb 7, 2017 5:27 AM CST
White House Lists 78 'Underreported' Terror Attacks
It includes San Bernardino, Paris
- President Trump accused the "very, very dishonest press" Monday of not wanting to report ISIS attacks in Europe. "They have their reasons, you understand that," he said, speaking to troops at MacDill Air Force Base in Florida, the headquarters of US Central Command. The White House later...
Wife of Pulse Orlando
Mass Shooter Arrested
Jan 16, 2017 11:47 AM CST
Wife of Pulse Orlando Mass Shooter Arrested
Noor Salman reportedly charged with aiding and abetting, obstruction
- The wife of the shooter who killed 49 people in the June attack on the Pulse Orlando nightclub has been taken into custody. Noor Salman, who was interviewed for hours after the attack, was arrested at her San Francisco-area home by FBI agents and is expected in federal court Tuesday,...
Orlando Shooting Families Sue
Facebook, Twitter, and Google
Dec 20, 2016 2:50 PM CST
Orlando Shooting Families Sue Facebook, Twitter, and Google
Defendants helped ISIS 'spread extremist propaganda, raise funds, attract new recruits': complaint
- What responsibility do social media platforms hold for radicalizing individuals who then carry out attacks? According to families of the victims of the June shooting at Orlando's Pulse nightclub , enough to warrant a lawsuit, per Fox News . Named in the federal civil complaint filed Monday by the families of...
Pulse Shooter's Son
to Get a New Name
Dec 16, 2016 7:30 AM CST
Pulse Shooter's Son to Get a New Name
Wife asking to change it from Zakariaya Omar Mateen
- The 4-year-old son of Pulse shooter Omar Mateen won't likely bear his late father's name for much longer. Mateen's wife, Noor Salman, has asked the Contra Costa County, California, court for permission to change her son's name from Zakariaya Omar Mateen. Available court records don't...
'No Way Everyone
Is Dead in There':
Nov 11, 2016 12:15 AM CST
'No Way Everyone Is Dead in There': Pulse Footage Released
Videos show tense scenes inside, outside club
and ABC News have obtained police body camera footage that shows tense scenes inside and outside the Pulse nightclub during the June 12 mass shooting that killed 49 people. In the two dozen videos released under a public records request, officers can be seen arriving at the...
Orlando to Buy Pulse
Nightclub, Turn It Into Memorial
Nov 8, 2016 5:20 PM CST
Orlando to Buy Pulse Nightclub, Turn It Into Memorial
City pays $2.25M for the massacre site
- The city of Orlando, Florida, has announced plans to purchase the Pulse nightclub and eventually convert the site of the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history into a memorial, the AP reports. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer told the
on Monday that the city has reached a deal...
'He Had No Remorse'
Nov 2, 2016 7:03 AM CDT
Pulse Orlando Gunman's Wife: 'He Had No Remorse'
Noor Salman gives first interview since June attack
- "I was unaware of everything," says Noor Salman in her first interview since her husband killed 49 people at Orlando's Pulse nightclub. As the FBI considers pressing charges against her, including lying to authorities, Salman tells the dark tale of her marriage to Omar Mateen. Six months...
911 Calls Released
Nov 1, 2016 5:30 AM CDT
Orlando Gunman's 911 Calls Released
Judge may order release of hundreds more calls
- The tone of the worst mass shooter in American history ranges from calm to nervous to irritated in a series of 911 calls released by police Monday. In the calls, Orlando gunman Omar Mateen, who called 911 from inside the Pulse nightclub, can be heard pledging allegiance to ISIS, calling...
Families of Orlando Massacre
Victims Getting $350K Each
Sep 27, 2016 4:49 PM CDT
Families of Orlando Massacre Victims Getting $350K Each
OneOrlando Fund is distributing funds raised
- Each of the estates of the 49 patrons killed in the gay nightclub massacre in Orlando will receive $350,000 from donations raised for the victims, an official with the OneOrlando Fund said Tuesday. But at least half of the deceased patrons have family members or partners who are fighting...
Prayed Goes Up
Sep 12, 2016 7:24 AM CDT
Mosque Where Orlando Gunman Prayed Goes Up in Flames
Cops say it wasn't an accident
- Before Omar Mateen shot up the Pulse nightclub in Orlando and killed 49 people in June, he had been a longtime regular at the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, showing up at Friday services for 13 years. That mosque went up in flames early Monday, per the St. Lucie County...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Howard Stern Selects His Presidential Running Mate
Kaitlin Armstrong Was Trying to Build New Life in Costa Rica
In Clarence Thomas Opinion, Line About COVID Vaccine, Cells From 'Aborted Children'
'We Literally Witness His Neck Break' in Police Van
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.