Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,793,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
On Eve of Flynn Sentencing, 2 Associates Are Charged
It's all related to Flynn's lobbying for Turkey, while he was working on the Trump campaign
- Two men involved in a Turkish lobbying campaign led by former national security adviser Michael Flynn have been charged with illegal lobbying in a case related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. An indictment unsealed Monday against Flynn's former business partner, Bijan Kian, and a Turkish businessman, Ekim...
US Pastor Freed in Turkey Amid Reports of Secret Deal
Andrew Brunson bound for US after sentencing for espionage
- An American pastor detained for two years in Turkey on charges of espionage and aiding terrorist groups is heading home. A Turkish court on Friday allowed the release of evangelical pastor Andrew Brunson, who lived for more than 20 years in Turkey before he was jailed in the 2016 crackdown...
Trump Threatens Turkey: Let US Pastor Go Free
North Carolina's Andrew Brunson is out of jail but under house arrest, accused of espionage
- He is a 50-year-old American pastor who has been doing missionary work in Turkey for 23 years. Turkey, however, has a different description for Andrew Brunson: They say he's a spy and an abettor of terrorists who is working to overthrow the government. Brunson has been in custody for...
Turkey Wants to Throw NBA Player in Jail
Enes Kanter brushes off charges of insulting Turkey's president
- New York Knicks center Enes Kanter took news that prosecutors in Turkey want to imprison him about as well as a person could. "Four years? That's it?" he said on Wednesday, per the
New York Times
. "For all of the trash I've been talking?" Turkish media...
Sources: Mueller Probing Alleged Flynn Plot to Abduct Cleric
Special counsel said to be investigating scheme to 'remove' Fethullah Gulen from US, bring to Turkey
- At least two ex-members of President Trump's campaign team have been burned so far by the Mueller Russia investigation. Now, more rumblings about an ex-administration member. The
Wall Street Journal
Friday detailed an alleged plot that Robert Mueller is probing—one that involves Flynn and his son, Michael G....
Turkey Halts Issuing Visas for American Visitors
Alliance is going downhill fast after arrest of US Consulate staffer
- Relations between the US and its NATO ally Turkey are going downhill fast—and many travelers have been caught in the diplomatic crossfire. Both countries abruptly suspended the issuing of most visitor visas for each other Sunday in a tit-for-tat move apparently sparked by the arrest of an employee of...
No, This Assassination Isn't Like the One in 1914
A look at the complex relations between Russia and Turkey
- Monday's assassination of the Russian ambassador in Turkey has news outlets scrambling to make sense of what this might mean for the already complex relations between those two nations. Here's a look:
There's a lot of chatter comparing the killing to the 1914 assassination of Archduke Franz
A Day of Biden, Turkey, Syria Illustrates Convoluted Region
VP tries to make nice in Ankara
- If you needed further proof of just how convoluted the situation in Syria is these days, look no further than Wednesday's visit by Joe Biden to Turkey. The main point of his trip didn't directly involve Syria—he was there to try to ease tensions with Ankara, which...
Turkey Issues Arrest Warrant for US-Based Muslim Cleric
It claims Fethullah Gulen was behind last month's failed coup
- A court in Turkey issued a formal warrant Thursday for the arrest of US-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen, who the government accuses of being behind the failed July 15 coup that left more than 270 people dead, the AP reports. The government says Gulen, a former ally of President Erdogan...
Reclusive Cleric in the Poconos Suddenly in World Spotlight
Turkey formally requests the US extradite Fethullah Gulen
- The US will soon have a dicey decision to make in regard to the failed coup in Turkey. The government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has formally requested that the US extradite the man it says is responsible for the uprising, moderate Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen, reports
In Dizzying Crackdown, Turkey Detains 6K
Government has fired 3K judges, prosecutors
- Turkey's justice minister says some 6,000 people have been detained in a government crackdown on alleged coup plotters and government opponents, reports the AP . Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag says that "the cleansing (operation) is continuing. The number could surpass 6,000." Bozdag also said he was...
Popular on Newser
Guy Attacks 'Looters' With a Sword. It Ends Badly
NBA Star Defends Assault: 'This Ain't No Hate Crime'
One Arrested NYC Protester Has an Unusual Address
Prince Goes to Party Amid Lockdown, Then Tests Positive
Trump Was Rushed to an Underground Bunker Friday
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.