Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 57 |
Suspect in Charlottesville
Beating: I Hit Victim 'One Time'
Aug 30, 2017 8:38 AM CDT
Suspect in Charlottesville Beating: I Hit Victim 'One Time'
Alex Michael Ramos arrested in Georgia, to be extradited to Virginia
- A Georgia man is in custody and set to be extradited to Virginia for his alleged role in the beating of a black man during the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville. The
reports that 33-year-old Alex Michael Ramos turned himself in to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office...
Police to Crying
Turn Yourself In
Aug 23, 2017 2:46 PM CDT
Police to Crying White Nationalist: Turn Yourself In
They have arrest warrants for Christopher Cantwell
- The University of Virginia Police Department has obtained warrants for the arrest of white nationalist Christopher Cantwell, the
reports. Cantwell is one of the white nationalists who gained the most attention after the Charlottesville violence thanks to his role in a Vice News documentary and a YouTube video...
Aug 17, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
White Nationalist Gains Notoriety After Virginia Violence
Christopher Cantwell was featured in Vice News video, now blocked on Facebook
- One of the white nationalists who has gotten the most attention after last weekend's violence in Charlottesville is New Hampshire's Christopher Cantwell, thanks to his role in a Vice News documentary about the rally. But the attention isn't necessarily turning out to be a good thing for...
Sisters Say They Were Heading
Home in Va. Then, 'Mayhem'
Aug 16, 2017 2:47 AM CDT
Sisters Say They Were Heading Home in Va. Then, 'Mayhem'
Micah and Tadrint Washington, injured in Charlottesville, sue white nationalists
- Two sisters injured in Saturday's violence in Charlottesville, Va., are suing suspect James Alex Fields Jr., rally organizer Jason Kessler, and more than 20 alt-right and neo-Nazi groups for $3 million. In their lawsuit, Micah and Tadrint Washington say they were injured when Fields plowed into a crowd of...
Man ID'd by Internet as
White Nationalist Wasn't
Aug 15, 2017 1:24 PM CDT
Man ID'd by Internet as White Nationalist Wasn't
Doxxing Charlottesville marchers is effective but risky
- Internet sleuths working to publicly identify and shame the white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and others who attended last weekend's "Unite the Right" rally in Virginia have had some success—one man lost his job , another was disowned by his family —but their efforts aren't without their risks....
Father of White Nationalist
Marcher Disowns Son in Letter
Aug 14, 2017 3:24 PM CDT
Father of White Nationalist Marcher Disowns Son in Letter
'I pray my prodigal son will renounce his hateful beliefs and return home'
- The father of a self-described white nationalist who marched at Saturday’s “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Va., says his son is no longer welcome home. Pearce Tefft of Fargo, ND, posted the open letter on INFORUM Monday, writing that his son Peter’s values are not shared...
Aug 14, 2017 6:45 AM CDT
Employer Cans Virginia Protester
'The actions of those in Charlottesville are not supported by Top Dog'
- A man who traveled from Berkeley, Calif., to attend the Charlottesville protests won't have a job when he gets home. The Top Dog hot dog chain fired Cole White after he was identified on social media as one of the white nationalist protesters in the Virginia city, the
Hip-Hop Artist: Charlottesville
Cops Didn't Stop Beating
Aug 14, 2017 3:33 AM CDT
Hip-Hop Artist: Charlottesville Cops Didn't Stop Beating
'They were trying to kill me out there'
- A hip-hop artist badly beaten during Saturday's unrest in Charlottesville says he's lucky to be alive—especially since police saw the attack and failed to act. De'Andre Harris tells the
Los Angeles Times
that around five white nationalist marchers singled him out from other counter-protesters and chased...
Feds Open Civil Rights
Inquiry Into Va. Attack
Aug 13, 2017 6:03 AM CDT
Feds Open Civil Rights Inquiry Into Va. Attack
Man charged with murder after car attack kills woman amid clashes in Charlottesville
- US officials have opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that took place amid clashes of white nationalists and counter-demonstrators , reports the AP . The investigation was announced late Saturday by the US Attorney's Office for the Western District of Virginia and the FBI's Richmond field...
Trump: 'Many Sides'
to Blame in Virginia
Aug 13, 2017 12:03 AM CDT
Trump: 'Many Sides' to Blame in Virginia
'When I watch Charlottesville, to me it's very, very sad'
- President Trump on Saturday blamed "many sides" for violent clashes between protesters and white supremacists in Virginia and contended that the "hatred and bigotry" broadcast across the country had taken root long before his political ascendancy. That was not how the Charlottesville mayor assessed the chaos that led...
1 Dead, 19 Injured as Car
Rams Protesters in Virginia
Aug 12, 2017 2:26 PM CDT
1 Dead, 19 Injured as Car Rams Protesters in Virginia
Victims appear to be people counter-protesting white nationalist rally
- One person was killed and 19 people injured after a car rammed into two other vehicles and a group of counter-protesters following Saturday's failed white nationalist rally in Virginia, CBS News reports. According to Mediaite , which has graphic video of the incident, a car drove at high speed into...
Emergency Declared During
White Nationalist Rally
Aug 12, 2017 11:54 AM CDT
Emergency Declared During White Nationalist Rally
Violence erupts in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Virginia's governor has declared a state of emergency in response to a white nationalist rally that is expected to draw up to 6,000 people, the AP reports. Gov. Terry McAuliffe said via his Twitter account on Saturday morning that the declaration was made in order "to aid...
Suspected Portland Killer Is
Self-Described White Nationalist
May 27, 2017 4:59 PM CDT
Suspected Portland Killer Is Self-Described White Nationalist
He was seen giving Nazi salutes, yelling slurs at event last month
- Jeremy Christian, the man suspected of yelling anti-Muslim hate speech at two women then killing two men who came to their defense Friday in Portland, is a "known right-wing extremist and white supremacist," the
reports. According to the
, the 35-year-old Christian was seen at...
Protest at Robert E. Lee Statue
May 14, 2017 11:39 AM CDT
Alt-Right Torch-Wielders Protest at Robert E. Lee Statue
To chants of 'You will not replace us,' 'Russia is our friend'
- "What brings us together is that we are white, we are a people, we will not be replaced," intoned Richard Spencer, the man who coined the term "alt-right," at rallies Saturday near a contentious statue of Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville, Va. As the
3 Arrests as
Speaks at Auburn
Apr 19, 2017 2:21 AM CDT
3 Arrests as White Nationalist Speaks at Auburn
Protesters engaged in shouting matches with supporters of Richard Spencer
- White nationalist Richard Spencer spoke in a crowded auditorium at Auburn University on Tuesday after a federal judge blocked the Alabama school from banning his appearance. Only a few chairs were empty in the 400-seat-plus room as Spencer and other speakers railed against ethnicity and racial diversity, liberals, the media,...
GOP Rep Accused of White
Nationalism After Tweet
Mar 13, 2017 7:47 AM CDT
GOP Rep Accused of White Nationalism After Tweet
Steve King praises far-right Dutch pol, rails against 'somebody else's babies'
- GOP Rep. Steve King, who recently courted controversy by trying to keep Harriet Tubman off the $20 bill , found himself at the center of new outrage Sunday when he brought Twitter "to a screeching halt" with what the BBC calls an "inflammatory" post complimenting far-right Dutch politician Geert...
A Nazi Salute Prompts
Apology From DC Restaurant
Nov 22, 2016 7:59 AM CST
A Nazi Salute Prompts Apology From DC Restaurant
Maggiano's says it didn't know dinner was for white nationalists
- A private banquet dinner, a reality-TV star, and a tweet showing a Nazi salute have placed a DC Italian restaurant in the center of controversy. Maggiano's Little Italy hosted a dinner Friday for a group that had a conference in DC the next day, apparently without knowing the group...
Stories 41 - 57 |
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
Virginia Republicans Take Barnes & Noble to Court
Zelensky Suggests New Talks, on One Condition
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.