Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
With Sheriff's Memo,
a Blow to the Proud Boys
Nov 20, 2018 9:25 AM CST
With Sheriff's Memo, a Blow to the Proud Boys
Document reveals FBI designation of group as 'extremist'
- The FBI considered the far-right "chauvinist" Proud Boys to be an extremist group even before members were accused in an alleged assault in New York City last month. That's according to a document from the Clark County Sheriff's Office in Vancouver, Wash., shared by nonprofit Property of...
of Domestic Abuse
Oct 24, 2018 3:49 AM CDT
Wife Accuses White Nationalist of Domestic Abuse
She says Richard Spencer was 'physically, emotionally, verbally, and financially abusive'
- The estranged wife of Richard Spencer says the prominent white nationalist was "physically, emotionally, verbally, and financially abusive" and attacked her on more than one occasion. In divorce filings from Montana seen by BuzzFeed , Nina Koupriianova describes being hit, grabbed, dragged around by her hair, and "held down...
Alleged 'Serial Rioters'
Arrested in Connection
With 'Unite the Right' Rally
Oct 2, 2018 5:26 PM CDT
Alleged 'Serial Rioters' Arrested in Connection With 'Unite the Right' Rally
4 men accused of traveling to Charlottesville, Virginia, to incite a riot, attack counterprotesters
- Four members of a militant white supremacist group from California have been arrested on charges they traveled to Virginia last year to incite a riot and attack counterprotesters at a white nationalist rally that turned deadly, federal authorities said Tuesday. The defendants—Benjamin Drake Daley, Michael Paul Miselis, Thomas Walter...
Cops Say Officer
Was Assaulted During
Aug 13, 2018 4:20 AM CDT
Cops Say Officer Was Assaulted During Charlottesville March
Hundreds of anti-racists marched in Va. city
- Virginia authorities say they are investigating an assault of a Charlottesville police officer who was knocked down during a anti-racist demonstration related to a deadly 2017 far-right rally, the AP reports. Hundreds of people marched in Charlottesville on Saturday to mark the anniversary of the far-right "Unite the Right"...
Protesters Far Outnumber
'Unite the Right' Crowd in DC
Aug 12, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
Protesters Far Outnumber 'Unite the Right' Crowd in DC
Dozens of white nationalists encountered hundreds in counterprotest near White House
- A contingent of about 30 white nationalists was seen marching down a Washington street toward the White House surrounded by a protective bubble of police officers and vehicles, per the AP . Hundreds of counterprotesters were walking alongside the group but keeping on the sidewalks, many of them shouting and taunting...
A Year Later,
Battens the Hatches
Jul 13, 2018 9:21 AM CDT
A Year Later, Charlottesville Battens the Hatches
Jason Kessler is trying to hold another Unite the Right rally on Aug. 12
- The clock is ticking down on the Aug. 12 anniversary of the Unite the Right rally that led to deadly violence in Charlottesville, and white nationalist Jason Kessler wants to throw another event to mark it. The city of Charlottesville is taking him to federal court to try to block...
Suspect in Charlottesville
Car Attack Pleads Not Guilty
Jul 6, 2018 2:28 PM CDT
Suspect in Charlottesville Car Attack Pleads Not Guilty
James Alex Fields enters his plea in federal court Thursday
- The man accused of driving a car through a group of peaceful protesters in Charlottesville, Va., last year has entered a plea of not guilty in federal court. James Alex Fields Jr. , who is accused of 30 federal hate crimes, entered his plea Thursday. Prosecutors say the Ohio man's...
NPS Gives OK for 'White
Civil Rights' Rally in DC
Jun 21, 2018 1:54 AM CDT
NPS Gives OK for 'White Civil Rights' Rally in DC
Organizer Jason Kessler led the Charlottesville rally last year where Heather Heyer was killed
- Police in Washington, DC, are going to be busy on Aug. 11 and 12: The National Park Service has given initial approval for Jason Kessler, organizer of last year's deadly "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, to hold rallies to mark the anniversary of the Virginia event, WSET...
White Supremacist Guilty
of Charlottesville Beating
May 2, 2018 12:47 AM CDT
White Supremacist Guilty of Charlottesville Beating
He could get 10 years for attack on DeAndre Harris
- A white Arkansas man charged in the beating of a black man during a violent white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., has been found guilty of malicious wounding. Jacob Scott Goodwin, 23, was found guilty Tuesday for the August attack on 20-year-old DeAndre Harris, the AP reports. He is the...
Judge Rules in Case of Man
Beaten by White Supremacists
Mar 16, 2018 2:14 PM CDT
Judge Rules in Case of Man Beaten by White Supremacists
DeAndre Harris acquitted of assaulting white nationalist in Charlottesville
- A black man beaten up by a gang of white supremacists last August in Charlottesville only to later be charged himself with assault was found not guilty Friday, the
reports. According to Al Jazeera , 20-year-old DeAndre Harris was attacked by at least six white nationalists in a parking...
Florida Teacher Pulled From
Class After Podcast Surfaces
Mar 5, 2018 1:33 PM CST
Florida Teacher Pulled From Class After Podcast Surfaces
Dayanna Volitich says white nationalist views espoused in podcast were 'satire'
- A 25-year-old Florida middle school teacher is in the news following a HuffPost report published Saturday that linked her to a podcast it alleged she hosted under the name "Tiana Dalichov" that espoused white nationalist views. The teacher in question, Dayanna Volitich, has been removed from her classroom at...
Says He Was Fired
Nov 30, 2017 3:16 AM CST
Nazi Sympathizer in
Profile Says He Was Fired
Tony Horvater says he has been forced to move
- A Hitler fan in the heartland says he has lost his restaurant job in the wake of a controversial
New York Times
profile and has been forced to move out of his home. Ohio resident Tony Horvater, described by the
as "the Nazi sympathizer next door," tells...
2nd 'White Lives Matter'
Oct 29, 2017 7:37 AM CDT
Amid Counterprotest, 2nd 'White Lives Matter' Rally Canceled
League of the South holds 2 events in Tenn., cancels the latter
- White nationalists descended on Shelbyville, Tenn., on Saturday in a rally they called "White Lives Matter," but after meeting a heavy presence of police and counterprotesters, organizers canceled a second protest planned later in the day in Murfreesboro. A rep for the League of the South, which planned...
Speech at UF
Oct 19, 2017 5:15 PM CDT
Alt-Right Leader Heckled During Speech at UF
Richard Spencer's speech 'mostly drowned out,' per one newspaper
- Richard Spencer gave his much-anticipated speech at the University of Florida in Gainesville Thursday and, not surprisingly, the white supremacist leader was greeted with protests. CNN says the "vast majority" of those protesting at the event were against Spencer, and that many of those inside the venue where he...
State of Emergency
Before Alt-Right Speech
Oct 17, 2017 3:34 AM CDT
Florida Declares State of Emergency Before Alt-Right Speech
Richard Spencer to speak in Gainesville Thursday
- White nationalist Richard Spencer is scheduled to speak at the University of Florida on Thursday, and authorities are treating him like an approaching hurricane: Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency in Alachua County, which includes the Gainesville campus where Spencer will speak, the
New York Daily News
to Speak at UF.
His Cost: $10K.
UF's Cost: $500K
Oct 6, 2017 9:05 AM CDT
White Nationalist to Speak at UF. His Cost: $10K. UF's Cost: $500K
Richard Spencer event scheduled for Oct. 19
- As one university faces a lawsuit over its refusal to host white nationalist Richard Spencer, another is reluctantly conceding to the idea. The University of Florida says it will allow Spencer to speak on its campus on Oct. 19 in what will be the alt-right leader's first college event...
Senate Unanimously Condemns
White Supremacist Groups
Sep 12, 2017 2:43 AM CDT
Senate Unanimously Condemns White Supremacist Groups
Measure calls for Trump to denounce hate groups
- They can't agree on much—but they're pretty clear that they don't like Nazis and the KKK. A resolution condemning white supremacist groups and the "domestic terrorist attack" in Charlottesville last month passed the Senate unanimously Monday night, the
reports. The measure, introduced by a...
Michigan State Blocks
White Nationalists, Gets Sued
Sep 5, 2017 3:22 AM CDT
Michigan State Blocks White Nationalists, Gets Sued
Richard Spencer couldn't get a conference room
- Michigan State University is being taken to federal court for denying white supremacist Richard Spencer a chance to speak on campus. Attorney Kyle Bristow, former president of the MSU chapter of the conservative Young Americans for Freedom group, accuses the university of violating the First and Fourteenth amendments by refusing...
Suspect in Charlottesville
Beating: I Hit Victim 'One Time'
Aug 30, 2017 8:38 AM CDT
Suspect in Charlottesville Beating: I Hit Victim 'One Time'
Alex Michael Ramos arrested in Georgia, to be extradited to Virginia
- A Georgia man is in custody and set to be extradited to Virginia for his alleged role in the beating of a black man during the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville. The
reports that 33-year-old Alex Michael Ramos turned himself in to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office...
Police to Crying
Turn Yourself In
Aug 23, 2017 2:46 PM CDT
Police to Crying White Nationalist: Turn Yourself In
They have arrest warrants for Christopher Cantwell
- The University of Virginia Police Department has obtained warrants for the arrest of white nationalist Christopher Cantwell, the
reports. Cantwell is one of the white nationalists who gained the most attention after the Charlottesville violence thanks to his role in a Vice News documentary and a YouTube video...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Adventurer's 2nd Attempt to Cross Atlantic Ends in Death
Hate Mail Flooded In After Golfer's Greatest Moment
Food Poisoning Can Cost You Far More Than You Think
Deception or an Oversight? 2 Fans Sue Over Movie Trailer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.