Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
London terror attack
2nd Suspect in
Sep 17, 2017 5:36 AM CDT
London Arrests 2nd Suspect in Subway Attack
UK remains at critical threat level, believes another attack is imminent
- London police say a second man has been arrested in connection with the London subway attack. Police said Sunday that a 21-year-old man was arrested late Saturday in west London and is being held under the Terrorism Act. He is being questioned at a south London police station but has...
Why the Fake Suicide Belts?
'Maximum Fear,' Say Cops
Jun 11, 2017 10:00 AM CDT
Why the Fake Suicide Belts? 'Maximum Fear,' Say Cops
London police release images of the phony devices
- The London Bridge attackers wore fake suicide belts to create "maximum fear" as they carried out their rampage, police said Sunday. The Metropolitan Police released photographs of the blood-splattered belts, which were made from plastic water bottles wrapped in duct tape, per the AP . Attackers Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane,...
Moment of Silence
for London Gets
Jun 8, 2017 5:04 PM CDT
Moment of Silence for London Gets Awkward on Soccer Field
Saudi Arabia team declined to participate
- When the stadium announcer called for a minute's silence to honor the victims of last weekend's London attack, the 11 Australian players on the field lined up at the center circle with arms on their teammates' shoulders. Their opponents from Saudi Arabia, however, milled about separately on the...
Video Shows London Attackers
Laughing 5 Days Earlier
Jun 8, 2017 6:35 AM CDT
Video Shows London Attackers Laughing 5 Days Earlier
Another video shows the final clash with police
- Two videos of note have emerged about the three men who staged the London terror attack, one showing them together outside a gym less than a week before the violence and the other showing their fatal clash with police:
of London obtained CCTV footage of Khuram
Britain May Have Found
8th Victim in London Attack
Jun 7, 2017 6:23 AM CDT
Britain May Have Found 8th Victim in London Attack
Body in Thames still to be officially identified as that of Frenchman Xavier Thomas
- A man who went missing after last week's London terror attack may have been found. Scotland Yard reports a body was discovered in the Thames near the East London district of Limehouse as police searched for Xavier Thomas, 45, who vanished after the attack, per the BBC . Police had...
Missing Man May Be
8th Victim of London Attack
Jun 6, 2017 6:10 PM CDT
Missing Man May Be 8th Victim of London Attack
Meanwhile, Irish police arrested another man in connection with the attack
- Tuesday brought reports of another arrest and a potential eighth death in connection with Saturday's attack in London. Irish police arrested a man in his 30s under the Theft and Fraud Offenses Act on Tuesday south of Dublin, the AP reports. Police are questioning the unidentified man about documentation...
One London Suspect
Slipped 'Through the Net'
Jun 6, 2017 5:33 AM CDT
One London Suspect Slipped 'Through the Net'
Khuram Shazad Butt was known to police
- One of the three suspects in the London Bridge attack was known to police. Khuram Shazad Butt , who may have had links to jihadist group Al-Muhajiroun, had been the subject of a Metropolitan Police investigation beginning in 2015. However, the investigation was "prioritized in the lower echelons" because "...
Taken by Imams on
Jun 6, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
'Unprecedented' Step Taken by Imams on UK Terrorists
More than 130 Muslim religious leaders pen letter slamming 'reprehensible actions'
- As England continues to flesh out the details of two terror attacks there over the past two weeks, one group has taken what BuzzFeed calls an "unprecedented" stand against the perpetrators. More than 130 imams and other Muslim religious leaders from "diverse" backgrounds across the UK have penned...
Media for Trump's
London Tweet Controversy
Jun 5, 2017 5:24 PM CDT
Conway Blames Media for Trump's London Tweet Controversy
The senior adviser criticized media's 'obsession' with Twitter
- President Trump had choice words on Twitter for London Mayor Sadiq Khan following Saturday’s London Bridge terror attack , but senior adviser Kellyanne Conway doesn’t think an apology is needed … from Trump, at least. Instead, Conway blasted the media for its "obsession" over Trump’s tweets, reports...
2 Suspects in London Attack
Named by Police
Jun 5, 2017 12:36 PM CDT
2 Suspects in London Attack Named by Police
Khuram Shazad Butt a British citizen; Rachid Redouane said to be Libyan/Moroccan
- Police in London have named two of the three suspects in the van and knife attack near London Bridge that left seven people dead, the AP reports. London police say 27-year-old Khuram Shazad Butt was a British citizen born in Pakistan, while Rachid Redouane had claimed both Libyan and Moroccan...
Report: American Was Shot
During London Attack
Jun 5, 2017 11:15 AM CDT
Report: American Was Shot During London Attack
Unidentified man is expected to survive
- British authorities have said that police inadvertently shot a bystander while subduing three London attackers Saturday night, and it now appears that the bystander was American. The good news is that the unidentified man is expected to survive. NBC News quotes an employee of a bar in Borough Market who...
Weeks After UK Attack,
31-Year-Old Victim Dies
Apr 7, 2017 9:05 AM CDT
Weeks After UK Attack, 31-Year-Old Victim Dies
5th victim Andreea Cristea ended up in Thames after car plowed into pedestrians
- The victim death toll from the London terror attack last month is now at five after a woman pulled from the Thames was taken off life support Thursday and died, the
New York Times
reports. Andreea Cristea, a 31-year-old architect from Romania, had been on the Westminster Bridge on March...
London Attacker Made
an Unusual Test Run
Mar 31, 2017 6:43 AM CDT
London Attacker Made an Unusual Test Run
Attack lasted just 82 seconds
- Khalid Masood , the man behind Britain's worst terrorist attack in more than a decade, prepared in advance for last week's London rampage but not in the way a trained terrorist would be expected to, security officials say. According to GPS data from his vehicle, the 52-year-old performed...
Police Release New Details
on London Attacker
Mar 24, 2017 4:27 AM CDT
Police Release New Details on London Attacker
He was born Adrian Russell Ajao
- Khalid Masood, the man responsible for the attack outside Britain's Parliament that killed four people and wounded 50, was born Adrian Russell Ajao, London's top counterterror officer said Friday. Mark Rowley revealed the name in a briefing outside Scotland Yard in which he also announced two more "...
Woman Pulled From Thames
Following London Attack ID'd
Mar 23, 2017 5:03 PM CDT
Woman Pulled From Thames Following London Attack ID'd
And a fourth victim has died
- The woman pulled seriously injured from the Thames following the London terror attack has been identified as 29-year-old Romanian architect Andreea Christea, the
reports. She was visiting London with her boyfriend for his birthday Wednesday. Cristea was on the Westminster Bridge when a car drove into pedestrians, according to...
Utah Man Killed in
London Terror Attack
Mar 23, 2017 12:33 PM CDT
Utah Man Killed in London Terror Attack
Kurt Cochran, 54, was killed; wife Melissa seriously injured
- Not much was initially revealed about the two civilians killed in Wednesday's terror attack in London, which also ended in the death of a British cop and the attacker being gunned down by police, but now there are a few details on at least one of the deceased: a...
52-Year-Old London Attacker
Mar 23, 2017 11:20 AM CDT
Britain Identifies 52-Year-Old London Attacker
Theresa May says Khalid Masood was known but 'peripheral' figure to police, intel
- Details are still trickling out about Wednesday's terror attack in London , and the BBC and the
New York Times
report that the attacker was identified Thursday by Metropolitan Police as 52-year Khalid Masood, who had been convicted for a series of non-terrorism-related crimes over a span of at least...
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Young Baltimore Tech CEO Allegedly Killed by Violent Repeat Offender
US Soldier Who Crossed Into North Korea Back in US Custody
26-Year-Old Tech CEO Found Dead in Baltimore
Family Decries Cyclist's 'Sick' Murder by Laughing Teens
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.