Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
After Disney Arrest,
Grandma Wants $18M
in case you missed it
Aug 9, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
After Disney Arrest, Grandma Wants $18M
Hester Burkhalter says 15-hour ordeal over the CBD oil in her purse was 'humiliating'
- Mickey Mouse had grandma arrested, and now she wants payback. Hester Burkhalter of Hickory, NC, is seeking $6 million in compensatory damages and $12 million in punitive damages, plus several million more for her family, following her April 2019 arrest at Disney World, per CNN . The Orange County Sheriff's...
She Uses CBD Oil for Pain,
Was Arrested for It at Disney
May 9, 2019 8:51 AM CDT
She Uses CBD Oil for Pain, Was Arrested for It at Disney
CBD oil found in purse at bag check caused a problem for Hester Burkhalter
- Hester Burkhalter says she's never had so much as a speeding ticket. But while on a trip to Disney World, the 69-year-old great-grandmother spent 12 hours in jail and faced a felony charge stemming from a bottle of CBD oil, reports the
Tampa Bay Times
. An arrest warrant describes...
Carl's Jr. Reveals
Its 4/20 Offering
Apr 17, 2019 1:45 PM CDT
Carl's Jr. Reveals Its 4/20 Offering
CBD-infused burger will sell in Denver for $4.20
- Cannabidiol or CBD, the nonpsychoactive component of cannabis, is turning up in everything from jelly beans to soda . Now, Carl's Jr. is jumping on the trend, becoming the first major fast-food chain to release a CBD-infused burger. Despite its name, the "Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight"—made...
Pot's THC Levels: Relatively
the Same, No Matter the Strain
Oct 11, 2018 8:37 AM CDT
Pot's THC Levels: Relatively the Same, No Matter the Strain
Scientists: Levels of tetrahydrocannabinol and CBD don't vary much among different pot strains
- For those who spend time at the dispensary agonizing over whether to go with the Acapulco Gold, Granddaddy Purple, or Chemdawg, know this: Their THC levels are likely pretty much the same, no matter which strain you pick, researchers out of UBC Okanagan say. "It is estimated that there...
A Big First:
Jun 25, 2018 4:59 PM CDT
A Big First: FDA OKs Cannabis-Based Drug
Cannabidiol is from weed, but it doesn't get users high
- US health regulators on Monday approved the first prescription drug made from marijuana, a milestone that could spur more research into a drug that remains illegal under federal law, despite growing legalization for recreational and medical use. The Food and Drug Administration approved the medication, called Epidiolex, to treat two...
Popular on Newser
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
A.I. Has Changed Poker, and Maybe Killed Its 'Soul'
Flight Circles Back After Passengers Decide to Upgrade
A Game for the Ages Sparks Call for Rule Change
Adventurer's 2nd Attempt to Cross Atlantic Ends in Death
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.