Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Even Migrants Are Blaming
Group Behind Caravans
Dec 23, 2018 3:54 PM CST
Even Migrants Are Blaming Group Behind Caravans
People Without Borders has its critics
- Thousands of Central Americans journeying toward the United States were 2,500 miles from their destination in October when they reached a moment of decision: Should they press on toward the US border? Or should they stop and put down roots in Mexico, where the government offered to let them...
Tijuana Protesters Chant
'Out!' at Camped Migrants
Nov 18, 2018 5:10 PM CST
Tijuana Protesters Chant 'Out!' at Camped Migrants
But others give migrants free food outside a shelter
- Hundreds of Tijuana residents congregated around a monument in an affluent section of the city south of California on Sunday to protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived via caravan in hopes of a new life in the US, the AP reports. Tensions have built as nearly...
Tijuana Mayor: 'No City in the
World Is Prepared' for This
Nov 17, 2018 9:20 AM CST
Tijuana Mayor: 'No City in the World Is Prepared' for This
Migrant caravan influx expected to last months
- With about 3,000 Central American migrants having reached the Mexican border across from California and thousands more anticipated, the mayor of Tijuana said Friday that the city was preparing for an influx that will last at least six months and may have no end in sight, the AP reports....
Migrant Caravan Is on the Move
Nov 10, 2018 2:45 PM CST
Migrant Caravan Is on the Move
Thousands are heading north
- Thousands of Central American migrants were back on the move toward the US border Saturday, after dedicated Mexico City metro trains whisked them to the outskirts of the capital and drivers began offering rides north, the AP reports. At the Line 2 terminus, migrants began making their way to a...
Trump Wanted It. The Pentagon
Said No. Here's Why
Nov 3, 2018 10:46 AM CDT
Trump Wanted It. The Pentagon Said No. Here's Why
Defense officials wouldn't let troops enforce domestic law, officials say
- The Trump administration asked, and the Pentagon said no—to using troops on the southern border for law-enforcement purposes, CNN reports. Two defense officials say the Department of Homeland Security wanted US troops to provide "crowd and traffic control" and protect Customs and Border Protection officers from the so-called...
Trump Tweets Controversial
Video of Immigrant Cop Killer
Nov 1, 2018 6:42 AM CDT
Trump Tweets Controversial Video of Immigrant Cop Killer
Critics compare it to the infamous Willie Horton ad
- President Trump is stepping up his message on immigration before the midterms in a big way with a tweeted video about an undocumented immigrant who killed two law enforcement officers in 2014. The ad centers on Luis Bracamontes, who was in the country illegally when he killed the officers in...
Trump: Border Troops Could
Hit 15K, Same as Afghanistan
Oct 31, 2018 6:17 PM CDT
Trump: Border Troops Could Hit 15K, Same as Afghanistan
President ratchets up number, though Pentagon doesn't confirm
- President Trump said Wednesday the number of military troops deployed to the US-Mexican border could reach 15,000—roughly double the number the Pentagon said it currently plans for a mission whose dimensions are shifting daily, per the AP . The Pentagon said "more than 7,000" troops were being...
Pentagon Sends Thousands
of Troops to the Border
Oct 29, 2018 4:29 PM CDT
Pentagon Sends Thousands of Troops to the Border
Operation Faithful aims to 'harden' the southern US border, military says
- The Defense Department says it's sending 5,200 active duty troops to "harden" the southern border against a migrant caravan making its way through Mexico, the AP reports. Gen. Terrence O'Shaughnessy tells reporters that 800 soldiers were en route on Monday and that the remainder of the...
Campbell Soup Exec Gone
After Soros Conspiracy Theory
Oct 29, 2018 9:34 AM CDT
Campbell Soup Exec Gone After Soros Conspiracy Theory
Idea that billionaire is funding migrant caravan might be fueling rampages
- George Soros received one of the mail bombs sent to prominent figures on the left last week, and it's not surprising he would show up on such a mailing list: He's the topic of numerous conspiracy theories from his political opponents. Now, however, one conspiracy theory in particular—...
Oct 27, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Cops Block Caravan to Negotiate New Deal
Mexico had offered them a 'You Are at Home' plan
- Hundreds of Mexican federal officers carrying plastic shields briefly blocked a Central American caravan from advancing toward the United States on Saturday, after a group of several thousand migrants turned down the chance to apply for refugee status and obtain a Mexican offer of benefits, the AP reports. Mexican President...
Pentagon Plans to Send
Hundreds of Troops to Border
Oct 25, 2018 10:40 AM CDT
Pentagon Plans to Send Hundreds of Troops to Border
Defense chief Mattis expected to sign order as migrants approach
- President Trump on Thursday again declared the situation at the US-Mexico border a "national emergency" and promised to get the military involved. Now it appears the Pentagon is preparing to do just that. Defense chief James Mattis is expected to sign an order authorizing at least 800 troops to...
Popular on Newser
Agent on Rushdie: 'The News Is Not Good'
They Were Enjoying Happy Hour. Then, 'Pure Panic'
Sinema Received $1M Haul, Then Killed Tax Hike on Rich Investors
Tons of Dead Fish in River: 'Most Likely Dealing With a Crime'
After Guilty Verdict, Defendant Downs Drink in Court and Dies
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.