Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Teen Allegedly Kills Abuser,
Now Faces Life Sentence
Dec 19, 2019 10:49 AM CST
Teen Allegedly Kills Abuser, Now Faces Life Sentence
Chrystul Kizer accused of killing man, and her attorneys say she was victim of sex trafficking
- A 19-year-old woman in Wisconsin faces a life sentence for allegedly murdering a man in Kenosha last year, and the case is generating national attention for its unusual circumstances. The crime itself was a brutal one, as ABC News recounts. Randall Volar, 34, was shot twice in the head in...
She's Newly Freed,
and Now Newly Married
Aug 13, 2019 10:25 AM CDT
She's Newly Freed, and Now Newly Married
Cyntoia Brown marries musician J. Long
- Cyntoia Brown, an inmate recently released on clemency after being given a life sentence at the age of 16, has married recording artist J. Long, formerly associated with the R&B group Pretty Ricky. Wes Yoder, a representative for Brown-Long, the name she now goes by, confirmed Monday the two...
Cyntoia Brown Is
Released From Prison
Aug 7, 2019 6:20 AM CDT
Cyntoia Brown Is Released From Prison
High-profile case had Kim Kardashian, Rihanna up in arms
- Cyntoia Brown, the woman who said she was a 16-year-old sex-trafficking victim when she killed a man in 2004, was released from prison Wednesday after being granted clemency, the
reports. Kim Kardashian West, Rihanna, and other celebrities had lobbied for Brown's release , and then-Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam agreed...
Kim Kardashian West
Plans to Take
the Bar in 2022
Apr 10, 2019 3:42 PM CDT
Kim Kardashian West Plans to Take the Bar in 2022
She wants to become a lawyer
- Kim Kardashian West still makes headlines for things like posing in a skimpy leotard , but she's also been making headlines for her work as an advocate for criminal justice reform: She was a big part of the push that got Cyntoia Brown granted clemency , helped convince President Trump to...
Clemency Is Granted in
High-Profile Murder Case
Jan 7, 2019 12:10 PM CST
Clemency Is Granted in High-Profile Murder Case
Cyntoia Brown killed a man at age 16 after being forced into prostitution in Tennessee
- Cyntoia Brown, the Tennessee woman whose case sparked outrage when she was sentenced to life in prison for what she says was a killing in self-defense when she was 16, won't be spending decades behind bars after all. Gov. Bill Haslam on Monday granted the now-30-year-old Brown a full...
Woman: I Killed
Court: 51 Years
Dec 10, 2018 8:43 AM CST
Woman: I Killed in Self-Defense. Court: 51 Years Behind Bars
Cyntoia Brown says she was forced into prostitution as teen, shot man to save her own life
- Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and others have gone to bat for a woman fighting a life sentence for killing a man when she was a teen, after she says she was forced into prostitution by her pimp boyfriend. Now, per
, the Tennessee Supreme Court has ruled that Cyntoia Brown, 30,...
Takes Up Cause
Nov 21, 2017 4:19 PM CST
Outraged Rihanna Takes Up Cause of Woman Serving Life
Cyntoia Brown killed a man who paid her for sex when she was 16
- If the name Cyntoia Brown isn't familiar, that could change soon thanks to the advocacy of Rihanna and other celebs. An Instagram post by Rihanna caused the hashtag FREECYNTOIABROWN to go viral Tuesday, reports the
. The 29-year-old Brown is serving a life sentence in Tennessee for a murder...
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
1 Killed, 2 Hurt in Rampage on DC Metro
CDC: Stop Using These Eye Drops
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.