Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,669,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
The Tragedy of Tessa Majors' Murder
'New York' examines 2019 slaying of Barnard freshman
- The details of the crime itself aren't in much dispute: Police say three boys, ages 13 and 14, robbed 18-year-old Tessa Majors in New York City's Morningside Park on the evening of December 11, 2019, and one of them fatally stabbed her when she put up a struggle....
'She Was Hanging Onto Her Phone': Final Tessa Majors Murder Suspect Arrested
All 3 teen boys now in custody in fatal New York stabbing
- The third teenage suspect in the fatal stabbing of Barnard College student Tessa Majors was arrested after he turned himself in to police Wednesday morning, CNN reports. Police arrested a 13-year-old boy the day after the Dec. 11 attack in New York City's Morningside Park, and on Friday arrested...
Slain Student's Plea: 'Help Me, I'm Being Robbed!'
Juvenile is arrested, will be tried for murder as an adult in killing of Tessa Majors
- Two months after a Barnard College freshman was stabbed to death in a New York City park, police say they've caught the killer. The 14-year-old, identified as Rashaun Weaver, will be tried as an adult on charges of second-degree murder and robbery in the death of 18-year-old Tessa Majors,...
After NYPD's Unusual Step in Murder Case, an Arrest
Cops nab 14-year-old suspect in Tessa Majors case
- New York City police say they've located a 14-year-old boy suspected of fatally stabbing a Barnard College freshman as she walked through a park near the school. Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison tweeted Thursday that the boy had been found but gave no other details, the AP reports. He'...
NYPD Takes 'Unusual' Step in Tessa Majors Case
Releases photos of teen suspect
- The NYPD has released three photos of a teenage suspect in the Dec. 11 murder of a Barnard College student. Tessa Majors, 18, was fatally stabbed in Morningside Park during what police say was a robbery gone wrong; a 13-year-old allegedly linked to the attack is in custody but surveillance...
Suspect, 13, Kept His Distance in NYC Stabbing Video
Boy, 13, still considered a 'threat to public safety'
- Dark and grainy surveillance video shows Barnard College student Tessa Majors struggling with two youths before she collapsed with stab wounds , according to court testimony. Detective Wilfredo Acevedo noted at Tuesday's hearing in Manhattan Family Court, however, that the 13-year-old suspect now in custody was not involved in the...
Suspect in Murder of NYC Student Flees on Way to Questioning
14-year-old was being driven to police precinct
- Police in New York City are searching for a 14-year-old suspect in the murder of Barnard College student Tessa Majors who was supposed to come in for questioning Monday. Sources tell the
New York Daily News
that the teenager was being driven to a police precinct Monday afternoon by either...
NYC Mayor Slams 'Infuriating' Claim on Murdered Student
Bill de Blasio says NYPD union chief shouldn't be 'shaming' Tessa Majors with marijuana claim
- A 13-year-old suspect is in custody related to the murder of Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors , with police still seeking other suspects, but her killing has become what the
New York Daily News
calls a "political football," drawing in New York City's mayor, the head of the...
13-Year-Old Suspect in Student Killing: I Didn't Do It
Police say the boy watched it happen
- A suspect in the killing of Barnard College student Tessa Majors looked nervous when asked his age. "I'm 13," he said. So began a surreal Friday court hearing in which the suspect's side of the story was conveyed by a police detective, the
New York Times
Police Arrest 13-Year-Old in Murder of Barnard Student
Other suspects sought in stabbing death of Tessa Majors
- Police have arrested a 13-year-old in the stabbing death of 18-year-old Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors, reports ABC News . Authorities are looking for other suspects in the attack, which took place Wednesday evening in Morningside Park, located near the New York City campus. Police say they think it was a...
Teen Stabbing Victim Made It to Security Booth. It Was Empty
Teens questioned in fatal attack in Manhattan's Morningside Park
- Manhattan police are questioning several teens in the stabbing death of an 18-year-old Barnard College freshman. A school security guard found Tessa Majors of Charlottesville, Va., stabbed multiple times in Morningside Park around 5:30pm Wednesday, per the
New York Post
. She was pronounced dead at a hospital. The
Popular on Newser
Company to Fiance After Fatal Crash: Hope You 'Cry All Day'
It Was Chicago's Deadliest Memorial Day Weekend in 5 Years
Parents Have a Message for Student Wanted in 2 Slayings
Woman Apologizes for 'Unacceptable' Reaction to Black Man in Park
Widower of Scarborough Aide Asks Twitter to Act on Trump
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.