Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jan 19, 2022 5:25 PM CST
16-Year-Old Sentenced in Slaying of Tessa Majors
Rashaun Weaver tells court he wishes he could 'go back in time'
: Another teenager has been sentenced to prison in the slaying of Tessa Majors, a college student stabbed in a New York City park in 2019. Rashaun Weaver, 16, received 14 years to life Wednesday, after pleading guilty last month to murder, the AP reports. He read a statement in...
One of the Accused Killers
of Tessa Majors Pleads Guilty
Sep 22, 2021 1:07 AM CDT
One of the Accused Killers of Tessa Majors Pleads Guilty
Luchiano Lewis faces up to life behind bars
- One of two teens charged as adults in the fatal stabbing of a college student in a New York City park pleaded guilty Tuesday to murder and robbery charges, the AP reports. Luchiano Lewis was accused of holding Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors in a headlock and preventing her from...
Tessa Majors' Parents
Release Devastating Letter
Jun 16, 2020 6:21 AM CDT
Tessa Majors' Parents Release Devastating Letter
First teen was sentenced Monday in plea deal; others are charged with Majors' murder
- The young teen who took a plea deal in the death of Tessa Majors was sentenced Monday to 18 months in juvenile detention, at least six of which will be served in a facility before he could potentially be released and monitored,
reports. The boy, who was 13...
Youngest Teen in
Tessa Majors Murder
Describes What He Saw
Jun 4, 2020 1:51 AM CDT
Youngest Teen in Tessa Majors Murder Describes What He Saw
Boy who was 13 when arrested pleads guilty to first-degree robbery
- The youngest of the boys accused of murdering Tessa Majors in a Manhattan park in December has taken a plea deal. The boy, who was 13 when he was arrested the day after Majors, a freshman at Barnard, was stabbed to death Dec. 11 in Morningside Park, on Wednesday pleaded...
The Tragedy of
Tessa Majors' Murder
Mar 24, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
The Tragedy of Tessa Majors' Murder
'New York' examines 2019 slaying of Barnard freshman
- The details of the crime itself aren't in much dispute: Police say three boys, ages 13 and 14, robbed 18-year-old Tessa Majors in New York City's Morningside Park on the evening of December 11, 2019, and one of them fatally stabbed her when she put up a struggle....
'She Was Hanging Onto
Her Phone': Final
Tessa Majors Murder
Feb 19, 2020 3:15 PM CST
'She Was Hanging Onto Her Phone': Final Tessa Majors Murder Suspect Arrested
All 3 teen boys now in custody in fatal New York stabbing
- The third teenage suspect in the fatal stabbing of Barnard College student Tessa Majors was arrested after he turned himself in to police Wednesday morning, CNN reports. Police arrested a 13-year-old boy the day after the Dec. 11 attack in New York City's Morningside Park, and on Friday arrested...
Slain Student's Plea:
'Help Me, I'm Being Robbed!'
Feb 15, 2020 1:59 PM CST
Slain Student's Plea: 'Help Me, I'm Being Robbed!'
Juvenile is arrested, will be tried for murder as an adult in killing of Tessa Majors
- Two months after a Barnard College freshman was stabbed to death in a New York City park, police say they've caught the killer. The 14-year-old, identified as Rashaun Weaver, will be tried as an adult on charges of second-degree murder and robbery in the death of 18-year-old Tessa Majors,...
After NYPD's Unusual Step
in Murder Case, an Arrest
Dec 26, 2019 12:04 PM CST
After NYPD's Unusual Step in Murder Case, an Arrest
Cops nab 14-year-old suspect in Tessa Majors case
- New York City police say they've located a 14-year-old boy suspected of fatally stabbing a Barnard College freshman as she walked through a park near the school. Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison tweeted Thursday that the boy had been found but gave no other details, the AP reports. He'...
NYPD Takes 'Unusual'
Step in Tessa Majors Case
Dec 21, 2019 5:30 AM CST
NYPD Takes 'Unusual' Step in Tessa Majors Case
Releases photos of teen suspect
- The NYPD has released three photos of a teenage suspect in the Dec. 11 murder of a Barnard College student. Tessa Majors, 18, was fatally stabbed in Morningside Park during what police say was a robbery gone wrong; a 13-year-old allegedly linked to the attack is in custody but surveillance...
Suspect, 13, Kept His Distance
in NYC Stabbing Video
Dec 18, 2019 6:43 AM CST
Suspect, 13, Kept His Distance in NYC Stabbing Video
Boy, 13, still considered a 'threat to public safety'
- Dark and grainy surveillance video shows Barnard College student Tessa Majors struggling with two youths before she collapsed with stab wounds , according to court testimony. Detective Wilfredo Acevedo noted at Tuesday's hearing in Manhattan Family Court, however, that the 13-year-old suspect now in custody was not involved in the...
Suspect in Murder of
NYC Student Flees
on Way to Questioning
Dec 17, 2019 6:22 AM CST
Suspect in Murder of NYC Student Flees on Way to Questioning
14-year-old was being driven to police precinct
- Police in New York City are searching for a 14-year-old suspect in the murder of Barnard College student Tessa Majors who was supposed to come in for questioning Monday. Sources tell the
New York Daily News
that the teenager was being driven to a police precinct Monday afternoon by either...
NYC Mayor Slams 'Infuriating'
Claim on Murdered Student
Dec 16, 2019 8:43 AM CST
NYC Mayor Slams 'Infuriating' Claim on Murdered Student
Bill de Blasio says NYPD union chief shouldn't be 'shaming' Tessa Majors with marijuana claim
- A 13-year-old suspect is in custody related to the murder of Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors , with police still seeking other suspects, but her killing has become what the
New York Daily News
calls a "political football," drawing in New York City's mayor, the head of the...
13-Year-Old Suspect in
Student Killing: I Didn't Do It
Dec 14, 2019 1:00 PM CST
13-Year-Old Suspect in Student Killing: I Didn't Do It
Police say the boy watched it happen
- A suspect in the killing of Barnard College student Tessa Majors looked nervous when asked his age. "I'm 13," he said. So began a surreal Friday court hearing in which the suspect's side of the story was conveyed by a police detective, the
New York Times
Police Arrest 13-Year-Old
in Murder of Barnard Student
Dec 13, 2019 8:20 AM CST
Police Arrest 13-Year-Old in Murder of Barnard Student
Other suspects sought in stabbing death of Tessa Majors
- Police have arrested a 13-year-old in the stabbing death of 18-year-old Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors, reports ABC News . Authorities are looking for other suspects in the attack, which took place Wednesday evening in Morningside Park, located near the New York City campus. Police say they think it was a...
Teen Stabbing Victim Made It
to Security Booth. It Was Empty
Dec 12, 2019 10:20 AM CST
Teen Stabbing Victim Made It to Security Booth. It Was Empty
Teens questioned in fatal attack in Manhattan's Morningside Park
- Manhattan police are questioning several teens in the stabbing death of an 18-year-old Barnard College freshman. A school security guard found Tessa Majors of Charlottesville, Va., stabbed multiple times in Morningside Park around 5:30pm Wednesday, per the
New York Post
. She was pronounced dead at a hospital. The
Popular on Newser
FBI List Shows Top Secret Files Were Recovered at Mar-a-Lago
After 22 Years, Man Wins Court Battle Over 25 Cents
What We Know About the Attack on Salman Rushdie
Anne Heche Declared Brain Dead, Says Rep
Landmark Bill Goes to Biden: Here's What's in It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.