Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump Executive Orders on
TikTok, WeChat Are Replaced
Jun 9, 2021 10:20 AM CDT
Trump Executive Orders on TikTok, WeChat Are Replaced
Under new order, Commerce Dept. will complete 'evidence-based' analysis
- The White House has dropped Trump-era executive orders that attempted to ban the popular apps TikTok and WeChat and will conduct its own review aimed at identifying national security risks with software applications tied to China, officials said Wednesday. A new executive order directs the Commerce Department to undertake what...
Sep 20, 2020 3:40 PM CDT
Judge Sides With Angry App Users, Against the Feds
Judge Laurel Beeler says WeChat users need their First Amendment rights protected
- A judge has approved a request from a group of US WeChat users to delay looming federal government restrictions that could effectively make the popular app nearly impossible to use, the AP reports. In a ruling dated Saturday, Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler in California said the government's actions would...
US to Ban TikTok, WeChat
From App Stores
Sep 18, 2020 8:05 AM CDT
US to Ban TikTok, WeChat From App Stores
But TikTok gets reprieve from further restrictions as talks on ownership deal continue
- It looks like it's going to be harder to download TikTok and WeChat starting Sunday. The Commerce Department said Friday it will ban the Chinese-owned apps from mobile app stores because of national security concerns , reports the
. The US plans to take additional measures to restrict the...
Trump Signs Executive Order
That Goes After TikTok
Aug 7, 2020 12:05 AM CDT
Trump Signs Executive Order That Goes After TikTok
Bans transactions with owner ByteDance beginning in 45 days
- President Trump on Thursday ordered an unspecified ban on "transactions" with the Chinese owners of the consumer apps TikTok and WeChat. The twin executive orders—one for each app—take effect in 45 days on Sept. 20, and the BBC reports they refer to the apps as a "...
Popular on Newser
Pete Rose on Sex Misconduct Claims: '55 Years Ago, Babe'
Liz Cheney Reveals Her Thoughts on DeSantis
Those Tax Incentives to Buy Electric? There's a Problem
Top US General Vowed to Fight Trump 'From the Inside'
Trump: FBI Has Raided 'My Beautiful Home'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.