Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
SCOTUS Declines Case
of Gun-Waving St. Louis Couple
Jun 6, 2022 5:40 PM CDT
SCOTUS Declines Case of Gun-Waving St. Louis Couple
McCloskeys appealed sanctions on law licenses
- The Supreme Court has declined to hear the case of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters near their home in 2020. Mark McCloskey—a Republican who is running for a US Senate seat —and his wife are both lawyers,...
Court: McCloskeys Must Help
Needy, Not a Right-Wing Group
May 19, 2022 4:50 PM CDT
Court: McCloskeys Must Help Needy, Not a Right-Wing Group
Lawyer says he'll try next to do pro bono work opposing critical race theory
- The Missouri Supreme Court denied a request by US Senate candidate Mark McCloskey and his wife to give free legal advice to a conservative activist group as a condition of their professional probation, but McCloskey said Thursday he'll try to find another right-wing organization to represent. Mark and Patricia...
Governor Makes Good on
Promise to McCloskeys
Aug 3, 2021 5:26 PM CDT
Governor Makes Good on Promise to McCloskeys
Gun-waving St. Louis couple pardoned
- Missouri Gov. Mike Parson on Tuesday announced that he made good on his promise to pardon a couple who gained notoriety for pointing guns at social justice demonstrators as they marched past the couple's home in a luxury St. Louis enclave last year. Parson, a Republican, on Friday pardoned...
Enter Guilty Pleas
Jun 17, 2021 4:36 PM CDT
Gun-Pointing Couple Enter Guilty Pleas
'I'd do it again,' Mark McCloskey says outside St. Louis court
- A St. Louis couple who gained notoriety for pointing guns at social justice demonstrators last year pleaded guilty Thursday to misdemeanor charges and agreed to give up the weapons they used during the confrontation. Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to misdemeanor harassment and was fined $2,000. Her husband, Mark McCloskey,...
Man Who Pulled Gun on
Protesters Has Big News
May 19, 2021 10:20 AM CDT
Man Who Pulled Gun on Protesters Has Big News
St. Louis' Mark McCloskey is running for Senate, decrying 'cancel culture' and 'lie of systemic racism'
- One half of the couple who brandished guns at racial injustice protesters outside their St. Louis mansion last year is now running for Senate. Personal injury lawyer Mark McCloskey, a Republican, announced his candidacy Tuesday during an interview with Fox News' Tucker Carlson. "God came knocking on my door...
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.