Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
UVa Player Shot in Back
Released From Hospital
Nov 21, 2022 12:43 PM CST
UVa Player Shot in Back Released From Hospital
'HALLELUJAH,' says Mike Hollins' mother
- A University of Virginia football player who was seriously wounded in a shooting that killed three of his teammates has been released from the hospital. Brenda Hollins, the mother of running back Mike Hollins, tweeted early Monday: "Mike has been discharged!!! HALLELUJAH." She asked for continued prayers "...
Prosecutor: One UVa Victim
Was Shot as He Slept
Nov 16, 2022 10:05 AM CST
Prosecutor: One UVa Victim Was Shot as He Slept
Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. makes first court appearance via video link from jail
- The University of Virginia student accused of killing three football players on a bus as a field trip wrapped up shot one victim as he slept, according to a witness. That was one of the details Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney James Hingeley shared during Christopher Darnell Jones Jr.'...
Just Before UVa Bus Shooting,
Players Went to Use Bathroom
Nov 16, 2022 6:41 AM CST
Just Before UVa Bus Shooting, Players Went to Use Bathroom
Suspect allegedly yelled about football players 'messing with' him before opening fire
- Moments before gunfire rang out on a bus chartered by the University of Virginia for a field trip Sunday, three of the school's football players walked to the back of the bus to use the restroom, a 19-year-old second-year who was on the trip tells the
UVa. Suspect 'Waited
Until They Got Back ...
and Just Shot Up the Bus'
Nov 15, 2022 7:01 AM CST
UVa. Suspect 'Waited Until They Got Back ... and Just Shot Up the Bus'
Students had been attending a play in Washington
- As a bus full of University of Virginia students returned to the Charlottesville campus after a class field trip Sunday, one of the students on the charter bus allegedly started shooting. Three UVa football players were killed and two others were injured in the shooting, and the campus was locked...
Campus Police Had Report
About UVa Shooting Suspect
Nov 14, 2022 4:59 PM CST
Campus Police Had Report About UVa Shooting Suspect
Christopher Darnell Jones was also named in a concealed weapon case, chief says
- The University of Virginia student held in the killings of three students and wounding of two had been the subject of a recent investigation, campus police said. The student affairs office interviewed the suspect's roommate after the school's threat assessment team received a report in September that Christopher...
3 UVa Football Players
Killed; Suspect in Custody
Nov 14, 2022 11:03 AM CST
3 UVa Football Players Killed; Suspect in Custody
2 other players survived, and the suspected shooter is in custody
- The suspected gunman in a shooting at the University of Virginia that claimed three lives Sunday night is in custody. All three victims were members of the school's football team, reports the
, which identifies them as wide receiver Devin Chandler, linebacker D'Sean Perry, and wide receiver...
3 Dead at UVa as Police
Search for 22-Year-Old
Nov 14, 2022 6:59 AM CST
3 Dead at UVa as Police Search for 22-Year-Old
At least 2 more are injured, and classes are canceled
- Three people are dead and two others injured after a campus shooting Sunday night at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, reports the local
. Police say the suspected gunman is still at large, and they have identified him as 22-year-old student Christopher Darnell Jones. Jones was on the...
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Doritos Caters to Gamers With Crunch-Silencing App
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.