Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Queens of Stone Age Rocker
Kicks Female Photog in Face
Dec 11, 2017 9:04 AM CST
Queens of Stone Age Rocker Kicks Female Photog in Face
Chelsea Lauren describes 'intentional' incident
- It's an incident so nasty a rock star's apology over it includes him saying sorry to his parents. While Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme was performing Saturday at radio station KROQ's Acoustic Christmas concert, he kicked Shutterstock photographer Chelsea Lauren in the face, "...
as Fraud With Stolen Face
Sep 7, 2017 4:51 PM CDT
Photojournalist Exposed as Fraud With Stolen Face
Photos attributed to Eduardo Martins appeared in 'WSJ,' other outlets
- Once asked why he risked his life to photograph war-torn countries, Eduardo Martins expressed his desire to "show the public the reality of these places." The problem is the supposed Brazilian photojournalist didn't actually know the reality of places like Syria and Iraq because … he hadn'...
News Photographer Shot
by Deputy at Traffic Stop
Sep 5, 2017 7:43 AM CDT
News Photographer Shot by Deputy at Traffic Stop
Andy Grimm's camera equipment may have been mistaken for a weapon
- State investigators in Ohio are looking into a police shooting that occurred under odd circumstances Monday night. A small-town news photographer in Ohio was shot when a deputy apparently mistook his camera equipment for a weapon, reports Fox 8 . The photographer, Andy Grimm, got hit in his side but is...
Couple Ordered to Pay
Wedding Photographer $1M
in case you missed it
Aug 5, 2017 1:00 PM CDT
Couple Ordered to Pay Wedding Photographer $1M
Texas wedding photographer wins defamation lawsuit
- A Texas wedding photographer says her business dropped from 75 to 100 bookings a year to just two after a newlywed couple trashed her online and on TV, the
Dallas Morning News
reports. On Friday, a jury ordered the couple to pay Andrea Polito $1.08 million. Andrew and Neely...
Runs Down Photographer
Jul 27, 2017 4:56 AM CDT
Bieber Accidentally Runs Down Photographer
He stayed at scene until cops arrived
- Justin Bieber accidentally drove into a photographer Wednesday night in an incident captured by many of the man's fellow paparazzi. The singer ran over the man, one of many photographers surrounding his vehicle, as he was leaving a City Church event at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, TMZ...
Photographer Explains His
Beach Scoop on Christie
Jul 3, 2017 11:31 AM CDT
Photographer Explains His Beach Scoop on Christie
'I wondered, what are the chances?'
- Chris Christie has an enterprising news photographer to blame for his latest PR mess . At NJ.com , Andrew Mills explains how he got images of the governor lounging on a beach he had closed to state residents because of a budget impasse. Mills didn't know for sure that Christie...
This White House Photo
Is Causing a Controversy
May 11, 2017 6:44 AM CDT
This White House Photo Is Causing a Controversy
Photographer from Russia's state news agency took it, but US media was shut out
- It's an otherwise unremarkable image of the photo-op variety, showing President Trump shaking hands with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the Oval Office on Wednesday. But it's causing a fuss because of how it came to be. The meeting was closed to the media, but Russia's...
Moments Before Death, Army
Photographer Took This Image
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
May 7, 2017 3:57 PM CDT
Moments Before Death, Army Photographer Took This Image
Spc. Hilda I. Clayton was killed in a training exercise in Afghanistan
- It's a jarring image, and that's before learning that the Army photographer who captured it was killed moments later. The photo shows the first instant of a mortar tube explosion during a training exercise in Afghanistan in 2013, a blast that killed 22-year-old Army Spc. Hilda Clayton, reports...
Trump Jr. Used
Sep 20, 2016 12:46 PM CDT
Skittles Pic Trump Jr. Used Was Taken by Ex-Refugee
- Donald Trump Jr.'s tweet comparing Syrian refugees to Skittles didn't go over well with the public, the candymaker, and now, the UK photographer who took the photo he says Trump stole for his tweet, the BBC reports. David Kittos says he took the pic of the colorful...
Mystery Newlyweds in
Epic Yosemite Photo
Sep 8, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
Photographer Finds Mystery Newlyweds in Epic Yosemite Photo
'That 'Eureka!' moment just unfolded,' and then they were gone
- A newlywed couple now has a breathtaking image to add to their wedding album, thanks to a kind and persistent stranger. Amateur photographer Mike Karas says he was snapping photos of the sunset in Yosemite last Thursday when he noticed "a couple in a tuxedo and wedding dress" standing...
at Donald Trump Rally
Feb 29, 2016 3:47 PM CST
Photog 'Choke-Slammed' at Donald Trump Rally
Christopher Morris says he stepped outside the press pen
- A news photographer was choked and body-slammed to the ground at a Donald Trump rally Monday when he apparently set foot outside a designated press area, Mashable reports. Christopher Morris, working for
magazine, can be seen in several online videos being attacked by a man at the Virginia event....
The Feds Have
a Cool Gig for
Dec 9, 2015 4:40 PM CST
The Feds Have a Cool Gig for Ansel Adams Wannabes
The pay for this National Park Service photography job sounds decent, too
- "Do you want to be Ansel Adams?" That's how the
dresses up what initially sounds like a boring federal job with the National Park Service. The USA Jobs listing for "Photographer, GS-1060-11/12 (1564575)" at first sounds like just another gig toiling for The Man in...
for 'Muscle' to
Nov 10, 2015 1:33 PM CST
Mass-Media Prof Asks for 'Muscle' to Remove Journo
Mizzou activists mob photographer, cameraman, tell them to leave 'safe space'
- A University of Missouri photojournalist on freelance assignment for ESPN found himself in a confrontation with student activists Monday as they tried to ban him from the tent city they'd set up on campus in response to recent racial strife there, the
New York Times
reports. A tense video...
Walmart, Widow in Nasty
Suit Over ... Family Photos
May 23, 2014 11:44 AM CDT
Walmart, Widow in Nasty Suit Over ... Family Photos
Waltons sues photographer's widow for photo negatives
- Today in the ugly lawsuit department: Walmart and the Walton family are suing for the rights to photo negatives, some half-a-century old, in what has been classified as "a total David vs. Goliath situation." The story goes like this: Robert Huff—who owned a photography studio in Fayetteville,...
Elk Goes Viral,
in case you missed it
Nov 23, 2013 11:32 AM CST
Elk Goes Viral, Gets Euthanized
Men behind video 'deeply saddened'
- An elk in North Carolina's Great Smoky Mountains National Park made a name for himself via a YouTube clip that has garnered nearly 2 million views—and also played a role in his downfall. In the clip, the young bull elk butts heads with a photographer for quite a...
What It's Like to Work in
the Hottest Place on Earth
Jun 30, 2013 11:28 AM CDT
What It's Like to Work in the Hottest Place on Earth
AP photographer visits Death Valley during 128-degree heat
- Photographer Chris Carlson worked in the hottest place on Earth on Friday: Death Valley in California, where temperatures soared to 128 degrees while he attempted to snap photos. Carlson is no stranger to the area, he writes for the AP , but he still made some rookie mistakes: "I forgot...
Rescue in Pictures
May 21, 2013 5:03 AM CDT
Oklahoma Devastation, Rescue in Pictures
AP photographer describes scene of hope amid the horror
- The massive tornado that hit Moore, Okla., yesterday left scenes of utter devastation but there were also moments of hope as survivors were found in the rubble. AP photographer Sue Ogrocki arrived at the destroyed Plaza Towers Elementary School expecting to find a scene of chaos, but instead found it...
in Afghan Hole Escapes
Apr 8, 2013 1:05 PM CDT
Photographer Chained in Afghan Hole Escapes
Pierre Borghi was kidnapped Nov. 28
- A French photographer is safe after being held by captors in Afghanistan for four months, Reuters reports. Pierre Borghi, 29, was kidnapped by armed men on Nov. 28 and managed to escape today, having broken out of a trap door-covered hole where he had been chained. The freelancer fled to...
Came to Be
Feb 16, 2013 8:18 AM CST
How This Drone Photo Came to Be
AP photographer explains her now-familiar image
- It's become the go-to image for editors everywhere to illustrate stories about US drone strategy: A Predator drone flies over Kandahar's air field with a full moon in the background. (It shows up on Newser a lot, too.) With the image in wide circulation of late, Josh...
May 22, 2012 12:43 PM CDT
Artist Buys Ghost Village in France
American photographer Ahae shells out $660k for abandoned Courbefy
- It's been years since anyone lived in the kinda-picturesque French village of Courbefy, but if you're a photographer, kinda-picturesque counts for a lot. Indeed, for American artist Ahae, it was worth around $663,000, the price the South Korean-born photographer agreed to pay for the place at an...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
'Holy Cow. Plants Actually Grow in Lunar Stuff'
20-Year Search for One of 'World's Most Brutal Killers' Ends
Thomas: Justices Don't Trust Each Other Anymore
Bette Midler's Advice on the Formula Shortage Goes Over Poorly
Ukraine War Apparently Not Going Russia's Way
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.