Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Slain American Had Islands' 'Most Dangerous Job'
Rachelle Bergeron was acting attorney general in Micronesian state
- Rachelle Bergeron, an American serving as an acting attorney general in Micronesia, was shot to death outside her home Monday night. She had just returned from a jog and was opening the back of her car to let her dog out when three gunshots rang out, the AP reports. Her...
Boeing 737 Misses Runway, Sinks in Lagoon
Micronesian fishermen rescued passengers, crew
- The runway at Chuuk Airport in the Federated States of Micronesia is notoriously short—something the pilot of Flight 73 apparently wasn't aware of. The Air Niugini Boeing 737, stopping in Chuuk on its way to Papua New Guinea, overshot the runway and hit the water while trying to...
Sailors Rescued From Deserted Island Thanks to Sandy SOS
The couple had been missing more than a week
- A couple was rescued from a deserted island in the Pacific Ocean on Friday after their cry for help was spotted by a US Navy helicopter, the BBC reports. The couple were identified as Linus and Sabina Jack, both in their 50s. According to
, they set sail in...
How One Man Bought a Tropical Resort for $49
It's a great week to be Joshua from New South Wales
- An Australian couple who made the bold but brilliant move to build a resort from the ground up on the tropical island of Kosrae in Micronesia 21 years ago is now ready to move back home and be full-time grandparents. So what to do with their successful business? Wanting to...
Go Where the $ Is Still Good
Planning to travel? Head to a country where flashing a few dead presidents still means something
- It hurts when even a dollar-friendly country like Canada is giving your green the cold shoulder. Get your money's worth in these countries from
Church Massacre Stuns Missouri Immigrants
Micronesian community asks why after home- grown crime kills 3
- The Micronesian community in a small Missouri town is struggling to come to grips with a brutal crime by one of its own. Eiken Elam Saimon ran into a Micronesian church service and opened fire, killing three and wounding five. About 300 Pacific Islanders live in the town of Neosho,...
Popular on Newser
One Emerging Factor May Help Trump's Chances
Trump: People Are Tired of Fauci and 'All These Idiots'
Robert Redford's Son Dead at 58
Teacher Sees Scared Kids in Zoom Class, Calls 911
Rush Limbaugh Shares News on His Cancer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.