You know you've made it when you get a house fly named after you, as Beyonce did last year. The Huffington Post rounds up 10 more interesting things dedicated to celebrities:
- A hairy crab: Scientists discovered a new species of Yeti crab with a hairy chest and thought of one thing: David Hasselhoff. They gave the crustacean the actor's last name.
- An apartment complex: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have helped bring awareness to housing problems in Bosnia, and after they donated $500,000, the Villa Angelina opened in 2011 for refugees.
- A law: California's so-called "Tom Cruise law," passed after Cruise bought his own sonogram machine for use during Katie Holmes' pregnancy, bars people who don't actually work in the medical field from buying personal ultrasound devices.
- A genus of ferns: This particular genus carries the DNA sequence GAGA (guanine, adenine, guanine, adenine), so of course, it was named after Lady Gaga. But one of the scientists said they made the decision to honor Gaga's "fervent defense of equality and individual expression."
- A main-belt asteroid: Lots of celebrities have parts of the solar system named after them; 116939 Jonstewart is named after the Daily Show host.
Click for the complete list
. (Read more David Hasselhoff