Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Prada Has a
Couple of Unlikely
Jan 17, 2022 2:34 AM CST
Prada Has a Couple of Unlikely New Models
Jeff Goldblum, Kyle MacLachlan featured at Milan Fashion Week show
- Jeff Goldblum infused Milan Fashion Week with some levity on Sunday as he shimmied down the Prada runway in a dark overcoat that cast a dramatic silhouette, the AP reports. The latest menswear collection in the 2-year-old collaboration between Miuccia Prada and Raf Simons as co-creative directors was at once...
Iconic Fashion Designer
Oct 5, 2020 1:50 AM CDT
COVID Kills Iconic Fashion Designer
Kenzo Takada dead at 81
- Kenzo Takada, the iconic French-Japanese fashion designer famed for his jungle-infused designs and free-spirited aesthetic that channeled global travel, has died. He was 81. The family said in a statement to French media Sunday that Takada died from complications from COVID-19 in a hospital in Neuilly-sur-Seine, near Paris. A public...
Virus Takes a Toll
on Fashion Week
Feb 15, 2020 3:18 PM CST
Virus Takes a Toll on Fashion Week
Outbreak keeps buyers, journalists, and clothes from reaching show
- Climate change demonstrators firing smoke flares blocked traffic in central London to call for the cancellation of London Fashion Week, which opened Saturday against a backdrop of the coronavirus outbreak. The scare has reduced attendance by investors, buyers, and journalists, Sky News reports, and the long-term effects of the outbreak...
Model Wasn't Happy
With the Clothes,
Sep 23, 2019 10:10 AM CDT
Model Wasn't Happy With the Clothes, Protested While Modeling Them
'Mental health is not fashion' was written on Ayesha Tan Jones' hands
- Ayesha Tan Jones walked in Gucci's Spring/Summer 2020 show at Milan Fashion Week—but they did so while protesting the very clothing they were wearing. The models were all wearing white straitjacket-like garments and similar outfits, and as Tan Jones walked the runway, they held up their hands to...
Nicki Minaj-Cardi B
Sep 9, 2018 8:38 AM CDT
Nicki Minaj-Cardi B Fight De-Escalates
Minaj won't file police report after rival attacked her with a shoe
- Cardi B may have a goose egg on her noggin after a confrontation with Nicki Minaj that got physical, but she won't have criminal charges, TMZ reports. That's because Minaj was uninjured after Cardi B charged her Friday night at a New York Fashion Week party—throwing her...
Comes Clean on
Her Youthful Glow
in case you missed it
Oct 7, 2017 5:46 PM CDT
Fashion Designer Comes Clean on Her Youthful Glow
Vivienne Westwood reveals she only bathes once a week
- Vivienne Westwood is known for her punk and new-wave style, and now also for her hygiene habits. The
reports the 76-year-old British fashion designer was in Paris over the weekend for Fashion Week, and after her show put together with husband Andreas Kronthaler, Westwood was asked by reporters how...
Whoopi Stands Up
for Tiffany Trump
Feb 16, 2017 12:50 PM CST
Whoopi Stands Up for Tiffany Trump
After first daughter gets dissed at New York Fashion Week
- After an
fashion editor tweeted about switching seats at New York Fashion Week so that she and other editors wouldn't have to sit by Tiffany Trump, Whoopi Goldberg has come to the first daughter's defense. "You know what, Tiffany," Goldberg said on
Meet Buzz Aldrin,
Jan 17, 2017 6:38 PM CST
Meet Buzz Aldrin, Fashion Model
Astronaut will walk in New York Fashion Week
- Buzz Aldrin, fashion model? The 86-year-old former astronaut will walk in a fashion show at New York's Men's Fashion Week Jan. 31, Page Six reports. Designer Nick Graham, former CEO of Joe Boxer, is presenting a Mars-themed collection complete with "space-oriented formal wear," sources say, so...
Teen Acid Attack Survivor
Becomes Fashion Week Model
Sep 8, 2016 5:25 PM CDT
Teen Acid Attack Survivor Becomes Fashion Week Model
Reshma Quereshi walked the runway for FTL Moda Thursday
- Two years ago, Reshma Quereshi was permanently disfigured in an acid attack while walking to school in India. She was only 17. On Thursday, she walked in New York Fashion Week, ABC News reports. According to the
, Quereshi was held down by a group of men, including her sister'...
Fashion Week Show
Was a Disaster
Sep 8, 2016 10:33 AM CDT
Kanye West's Fashion Week Show Was a Disaster
- Kanye West debuted his Yeezy Season 4 fashion line at New York Fashion Week Wednesday in an event that was also livestreamed on Tidal ... and it did not go well. For an hour and 40 minutes, the livestream showed pretty much nothing except for aerial views of New York City;...
At Fashion Show, the
Jun 22, 2016 9:00 AM CDT
At Fashion Show, the Hottest Accessory Was Pimples
Moto Guo's spring 2017 collection is titled 'Picnic in the Society'
- Malaysian fashion designer Moto Guo appears to be making some sort of statement about pimples, but exactly what, and whether they may actually now be fashionable, remains unclear.
reports that in his Milan Men's Fashion Week debut on Monday, Guo's makeup artists created blemishes on his models'...
One Stat Shows
Oct 18, 2015 6:39 AM CDT
One Stat Shows Fashion World's Race Problem
79% of models at Fashion Week were white
- The fashions that appear on the catwalks of New York, London, Milan, and Paris during the spring/summer fashion weeks come in an array of colors. The same can't exactly be said of the models that wear them. Data from 117 shows during this year's spring/summer fashion season finds...
Hits Fashion Week
Sep 15, 2015 10:57 AM CDT
Kanye Interruptus Hits Fashion Week
His last-minute addition creates drama with another designer
- Kanye West announced on Friday that he'd be holding a show at New York Fashion Week tomorrow—at the same time Anne Bowen was scheduled to present her own streetwear collection, which is in direct competition with West's Adidas line. "You can’t compete," Bowen tells...
Marc Jacobs' Party
Dress Code Must Be
Seen to Be Believed
Aug 26, 2015 10:59 AM CDT
Marc Jacobs' Party Dress Code Must Be Seen to Be Believed
Marc Jacobs-hosted party requires you 'DRESS TO KILL'
- Marc Jacobs is hosting a Fashion Week release party next month for
—a book about fashion photographer Chris von Wangenheim, "whose shocking work epitomized the glamour and excess of the 1970s and reflected the fashionable underworld living life on the edge," according to its description . If that...
Feb 12, 2015 12:14 PM CST
Fashion Week Milestone: Model With Down Syndrome
Actress Jamie Brewer will walk the runway
- Visitors to New York Fashion Week will see a first today: a model with Down syndrome walking the runway, reports
. Actress Jamie Brewer, best known for her work on
American Horror Story
, will do the honors, wearing an original by designer Carrie Hammer as part of Hammer's...
Looted After Paris Show
Mar 5, 2014 11:33 AM CST
Chanel 'Supermarket' Looted After Paris Show
Karl Lagerfeld thinks the supermarket is 'the pop art of today'
- Chanel's show at Paris Fashion Week yesterday had a somewhat pedestrian theme: The Grand Palais, where the show was held, was turned into a Chanel supermarket. There were rows of food and household items, all with Chanel-branded names like Coco beer and Tweed cola, and models pushed shopping carts...
vs. Anna Wintour
Feb 25, 2014 9:42 AM CST
Catfight Alert: Giorgio Armani vs. Anna Wintour
Designer slams 'Vogue' editor for skipping his show
- Rowr: After Anna Wintour failed to show up at Giorgio Armani's autumn/winter 2014 fashion show yesterday in Milan, Armani did not hide his displeasure. "There are some who prefer to snub the Giorgio Armani show and go to Paris," he said at a press conference after the...
Model, 81, Stuns
at NY Fashion Week
Sep 12, 2012 11:27 AM CDT
Model, 81, Stuns at NY Fashion Week
Carmen Dell’Orefice makes two appearances
- Who says the models at New York Fashion Week have to be young? Carmen Dell’Orefice, 81, surprised attendees this year with two runway appearances Sunday, ABC News reports. Dell’Orefice, known as the oldest working model in the world, started modeling in the 1940s and was on
New York Socialite Dies in Front Row at Fashion Week
Feb 16, 2012 8:48 AM CST
New York Socialite Dies in Front Row at Fashion Week
Zelda Kaplan collapses at Joanna Mastroianni show
- Zelda Kaplan, a style icon and fashion connoisseur who, it has been said, could "out-party even Paris Hilton," collapsed in the front row of the Joanna Mastroianni Fashion Week show yesterday and was later pronounced dead. The 95-year-old "slumped forward," witnesses say, and was carried out...
Pity the Models
of Fashion Week
Sep 15, 2011 1:41 PM CDT
Pity the Models of Fashion Week
Their 'precarious' jobs aren't so 'glamorous' out of the spotlight, writes Ashley Mears
- To most of us, Fashion Week is all glitz and glam—but behind the scenes, modeling is a “grueling” job, writes model-turned-professor Ashley Mears. It’s freelance work, so there are no benefits, and models “never know when their next job is coming.” It’s also grossly...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.