Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
After 21 Years, Rwandan Genocide Fugitive Found
Ladislas Ntaganzwa was arrested in eastern Congo
- Interpol agents arrested a Rwandan with a $5 million bounty on his head who is among the most wanted for the 1994 genocide, officials said Thursday. Ladislas Ntaganzwa was arrested in the eastern Congo city of Goma late Monday, according to Rwandan Prosecutor General Richard Muhumuza. Ntaganzwa is among the...
Hundreds of Rwandans Protest Genocide Verdict
They accuse UN court of going easy on alleged mass killers
- Hundreds of Rwandans marched today on the offices of the United Nations tribunal set up to try key cases related to Rwanda's 1994 genocide, to protest the court's decision to acquit two former cabinet ministers accused of masterminding killings. The protesters, bearing placards denouncing the Arusha, Tanzania-based International...
Rwandan Woman Is First Ever Convicted of Genocide
Pauline Nyiramasuhuko and son Arsene Ntahobali found guilty in UN court
- The UN Court trying suspects of the 1994 Rwanda genocide found a female former government minister and her son guilty of war crimes today and gave both life sentences, marking the first time a woman has been convicted of genocide. Pauline Nyiramasuhuko, Rwanda's former minister for family and women...
Rwandan War Criminal Nabbed in Congo
UN confirms arrest of fugitive Bernard Munyagishari after 17 years
- It's a rough day to be a war criminal. Bernard Munyagishari, a driving force behind the campaign of mass rape and genocide that ripped Rwanda apart, has been caught after 17 years on the run, confirms the UN. The former Hutu militia leader was arrested in the neighboring Democratic...
Rwandan Genocide Mastermind Convicted
Bagosora sentenced to life by UN court for role in 1994 massacre
- A UN court has convicted the organizer of the 1994 Rwandan genocide that claimed more than 500,000 lives and sentenced him to life in prison, reports the AP. Théoneste Bagosora was found guilty of genocide and crimes against humanity, as well as the deaths of a Rwandan prime...
Rwandan War Crimes Suspect Arrested In Frankfurt
Ex-minister wanted for abetting genocide
- An ex-cabinet minister wanted for war crimes during the 1994 Rwandan genocide has been arrested in Germany after more than a decade on the lam. Deutsche Welle reports that a manhunt had tracked Augustin Ngirabatware since July as he shuttled between hotels and apartments before being caught on Wednesday near...
Popular on Newser
Site Co-Founder Quits, Saying Biden Article Was Censored
NHL Team Drops Prospect Over His Actions as a Teen
He Was Waiting for a Bus in NYC. Then, a Horrifying Plunge
Paralyzed 11 Seconds Into His First Game, He Became an 'Inspiration'
Kanye's Birthday Gift to Kim: a 'Special Surprise From Heaven'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.