Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
UK Honors D-Day With
Very Flawed Stamp
Dec 30, 2018 7:41 AM CST
UK Honors D-Day With Very Flawed Stamp
Image shows troops wading ashore in Asia, 8K miles from Normandy
- Britain's Royal Mail decided to roll out a commemorative stamp in honor of the 75th anniversary of D-Day next year, which is completely fitting. What wasn't so fitting, however: The image used on the stamp, which was captioned "D-Day: Allied soldiers and medics wade ashore." That...
Boy Sends Card to Dad
in Heaven, Gets Reply
Nov 30, 2018 4:06 AM CST
Boy Sends Card to Dad in Heaven, Gets Reply
'This was a difficult challenge,' Royal Mail says
- This is a busy time of year for Britain's Royal Mail, but they were still able to deliver a heartwarming reply when they received an envelope with this request: "Mr. Postman, can you take this to Heaven for my dad's Birthday." It was from Jase Hyndman,...
Maimed by Rottweilers
Dec 23, 2008 2:29 PM CST
UK Mailman Maimed by Rottweilers
Passerby clubbed, drove over dogs; may have saved man's arm
- A British mailman suffered serious injuries when he was mauled by rottweilers while delivering Christmas cards yesterday, the
of London reports. The two dogs ripped his arm, and bit his back and legs, until a passerby intervened, clubbing the canines with an iron bar and running over one with...
Popular on Newser
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
Alicia Witt on Parents' Deaths: 'I Had No Idea' Heat Was Out
Boy Who Wrote Letter About Guns and Murder Is Shot Dead
Hospital Boosts Security After Bizarre NICU Incident
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.