Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
House Intelligence Committee
Stories 1 - 20 |
a Security Risk
Mar 13, 2021 2:30 PM CST
GOP Leader Calls Swalwell a Security Risk
McCarthy wants vote on removal from Intelligence Committee
- The Republican House leader says he'll call for a vote to remove Rep. Eric Swalwell from the chamber's Intelligence Committee, saying his relationship with a suspected spy for China makes him a security threat. Rep. Kevin McCarthy tweeted Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had again named Swalwell...
Russia Is Working to Reelect
Trump, Lawmakers Are Told
Feb 20, 2020 7:00 PM CST
Russia Is Working to Reelect Trump, Lawmakers Are Told
President is displeased by briefing, worried that Democrats will use the information in the campaign
- American intelligence officials told House lawmakers last week that Russia already is interfering in the presidential campaign in an effort to see President Trump reelected. Republican and Democratic members of the House Intelligence Committee attended the meeting on what a Democratic official called a briefing on "the integrity of...
Parnas to Top
Jan 18, 2020 9:00 AM CST
New Impeachment Evidence Ties Parnas to Top Nunes Aide
Derek Harvey was in frequent contact with indicted Giuliani associate; Nunes hasn't commented
- If you thought we were done hearing from Lev Parnas , you were wrong. The former associate of Rudy Giuliani has been making the media rounds , accusing President Trump and other big names of being directly involved in the pressure campaign against Ukraine's president to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden—...
'Isn't Going to End'
Nov 25, 2019 7:26 AM CST
Schiff: Investigation 'Isn't Going to End'
But the evidence is already 'overwhelming'
- The House Intelligence Committee may turn over the impeachment process to the House Judiciary Committee soon—but Rep. Adam Schiff says the investigation of President Trump isn't over. The Intelligence committee chairman told CNN on Sunday that the panel is going to move forward with compiling its report, although...
Tuesday's Hearings Called
a 'Very Bad Day' for Trump
Nov 20, 2019 4:40 AM CST
Tuesday's Hearings Called a 'Very Bad Day' for Trump
GOP's witnesses weren't much help, analysts say
- Tuesday's impeachment hearings were a "great day for Republicans," President Trump tweeted —but many analysts disagree. After Lt. Col Alexander Vindman and Jennifer Williams, a Mike Pence aide, testified in the morning, the House Intelligence Committee heard from Kurt Volker, the former special envoy to Ukraine,...
Takeaways From First Day
of Impeachment Hearings
Nov 14, 2019 7:02 AM CST
Takeaways From First Day of Impeachment Hearings
Surprises can still happen
- Wednesday was the first day of the public phase of the President Trump impeachment inquiry, with William Taylor, the top US diplomat in Ukraine, and George Kent, a senior State Department official, testifying before the House Intelligence Committee. The next hearing will be Friday, when US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie...
Whistleblower Report Out:
It Alleges a Cover-Up
Sep 26, 2019 8:25 AM CDT
Whistleblower Report Out: It Alleges a Cover-Up
Complaint says White House attorneys tried to 'lock down' records of the call
- Wednesday brought the release of a rough transcript of President Trump's call with Ukraine's leader. Thursday brings the release of the nine-page whistleblower report that followed. Read it for yourself here . It makes two central allegations: that President Trump asked a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020...
The Big Lines From Mueller's
Hours of Testimony, Part II
Jul 24, 2019 2:26 PM CDT
The Big Lines From Mueller's Hours of Testimony, Part II
Former special counsel appears before the House Intelligence committee
- After a morning spent with the House Judiciary Committee , Robert Mueller moved on to the House Intelligence Committee in the afternoon.
"I understand that this committee has a unique jurisdiction" and is interested in learning more about counter-intelligence findings, Mueller said. The BBC reports Mueller emphasized this his office
The Big Lines From Mueller's
Hours of Testimony, Part I
Jul 24, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
The Big Lines From Mueller's Hours of Testimony, Part I
He appeared before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday
- In his 10-minute public statement on the investigation into Russian interference in late May, Robert Mueller said, "The report is my testimony. I would not provide information beyond that which is already public in any appearance before Congress." That was largely the case, at least in his testimony...
Jul 24, 2019 4:56 AM CDT
Trump Slams 'Very Unfair' Mueller Move
Democrats are hoping for a 'turning point'
- President Trump cried foul Tuesday night after the House Judiciary Committee said it would allow attorney Aaron Zebley, one of Robert Mueller's top deputies, to provide counsel to Mueller during Wednesday's long-anticipated testimony. "What a disgrace to our system. Never heard of this before," Trump tweeted,...
Robert Mueller Agrees
to Testify Before House
Jun 26, 2019 12:40 AM CDT
Robert Mueller Agrees to Testify Before House
Public hearings will take place July 17
- Robert Mueller has been reluctant to testify before the House—but he has decided not to defy subpoenas. The former special counsel has agreed to testify before the House Judiciary Committee and the House Intelligence Committees on July 17 after being subpoenaed by both committees, CNN reports. The public hearings...
GOP Lawmakers Open Hearing
by Demanding Schiff Resign
Mar 28, 2019 2:17 PM CDT
GOP Lawmakers Open Hearing by Demanding Schiff Resign
But Schiff isn't relenting on calling out Trump-Russia ties
- A House Intelligence Committee hearing got quite heated Thursday morning, with GOP Rep. Mike Conaway telling Democrat Adam Schiff he should step down as head of the committee. The issue: The special counsel probe found no evidence of collusion between President Trump's team and Russia during the 2016 election,...
Trump: Schiff Has No Right
Feb 6, 2019 5:50 PM CST
Trump: Schiff Has No Right
The president fires back at Rep. Adam Schiff
- "Under what basis would he do that?" So asked President Trump after learning Wednesday that Rep. Adam Schiff, as head of the House Intelligence Committee, is leading a probe into the president's finances. "He has no basis to do that," added Trump, per Reuters . "He'...
House Intelligence Committee
Meets, Makes Moves
Feb 6, 2019 1:11 PM CST
House Intelligence Committee Meets, Makes Moves
Votes to send transcripts to Robert Mueller
- The new Democrat-controlled House Intelligence Committee met for the first time Wednesday and wasted no time in making some moves. The panel voted to move forward on an effort that had been previously quashed and that Committee Chair Adam Schiff had vowed to make a priority: It will send more...
on Russia: 'No
Apr 27, 2018 10:09 AM CDT
House Panel on Russia: 'No Evidence' Trump Campaign Colluded
But Dems say probe into Russian election interference was sloppy, wrapped up too quickly
- House Intelligence Committee Republicans have released their final findings on Russian interference in the 2016 US election, ending a yearlong probe, per the
. The heavily redacted 253-page report puts President Trump and his cohorts generally in the clear, noting the panel found "no evidence that the Trump...
House Republicans Say Trump
Did Not Collude With Russia
Mar 12, 2018 6:34 PM CDT
House Republicans Say Trump Did Not Collude With Russia
The House Intelligence Committee refutes the findings of the intel community
- Republicans in the House of Representatives on Monday announced they've come to the opposite conclusion in their investigation into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia as the intelligence community. Per CNN , the House Intelligence Committee has concluded Russian President Vladimir Putin did not attempt to help President Trump win...
Report: Hope Hicks
Admits Lying for Trump
Feb 28, 2018 6:11 AM CST
Report: Hope Hicks Admits Lying for Trump
But 'white lies' didn't involve Russia, she says
- White House Communications Director Hope Hicks didn't answer all of investigators' questions during a House intelligence committee interview Tuesday, insiders say—but she was honest about occasionally being dishonest. Sources tell the
New York Times
that Hicks admitted that working for President Trump had required her to tell "...
Report: Mueller Team
Grilled Bannon for 20 Hours
Feb 16, 2018 3:12 AM CST
Report: Mueller Team Grilled Bannon for 20 Hours
Also, he stonewalled House panel in 2nd appearance
- Steve Bannon was interrogated for 20 hours over two days this week as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, the AP reports, citing "a person familiar with the process." The insider says the former White House chief strategist answered every question that was put to...
Dems React as Trump Blocks
Memo: 'Hypocrisy at Its Worst'
Feb 10, 2018 6:00 AM CST
Dems React as Trump Blocks Memo: 'Hypocrisy at Its Worst'
President has sent Dems' memo back to HIC for revisions due to 'classified' and 'sensitive' passages
- Earlier Friday, President Trump spoke to reporters about the 10-page Democratic rebuttal memo to the GOP memo alleging wrongdoing in the FBI and DOJ, noting that the Dem memo is "going to be released soon." "Soon" may be relative, however, as Trump, via a letter sent Friday...
Trump Will Release Classified
Democratic Memo 'Soon'
Feb 9, 2018 4:03 PM CST
Trump Will Release Classified Democratic Memo 'Soon'
It's rebuttal to classified GOP memo released by Trump last week
- Last week, President Trump released a classified Republican memo detailing alleged wrongdoing by the FBI over the objections of both the FBI and Justice Department. Now, he's prepared to release the classified Democratic rebuttal to that memo, Politico reports. According to CNN , Trump told reporters Friday that the 10-page...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.