Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Obama Makes Big Money
With Wall Street Speeches
Sep 18, 2017 12:05 PM CDT
Obama Makes Big Money With Wall Street Speeches
Bloomberg reports on 3, with his going rate about $400K per speech
- Barack Obama took flak earlier this year when it emerged that he would collect a handsome $400,000 fee for speaking at an event for investment bank Cantor Fitzgerald. It appears that the criticism isn't fazing him much. Bloomberg reports on two more Wall Street speeches for the former...
9/11 Victim's Name
Sep 13, 2011 12:22 PM CDT
9/11 Victim's Name Misspelled on Memorial
Family of Jeffrey Schreier finds typo
- The engravers at the new 9/11 memorial in New York City aren't quite done: The family of victim Jeffrey Schreier has discovered that his name was spelled incorrectly, reports the
New York Post
. It reads "Jeffery" instead of "Jeffrey." Schreier was one of the Cantor Fitzgerald...
Mystery Cloaks Loss of
Records, Art on 9/11
Aug 1, 2011 8:23 AM CDT
Mystery Cloaks Loss of Records, Art on 9/11
Archivists still not sure how much was lost in Sept. 11 attacks
- Among the casualties of the Sept. 11 attacks: countless artworks and historical records. Among the wreckage were 21 libraries, letters written by Helen Keller, sculptures by Auguste Rodin and Alexander Calder, and 40,000 photographic negatives taken of John F. Kennedy by his personal cameraman, reports the AP in a...
Like a Movie's Chances?
Now You Can Bet on It
Mar 11, 2010 11:43 AM CST
Like a Movie's Chances? Now You Can Bet on It
First futures market for films about to begin
- 3D isn’t the only immersive movie experience out there—soon, filmgoers will be able to play Hollywood mogul and bet on box office in the nation’s first film industry futures exchange. Cantor Futures, expected to gain regulatory approval next month, will allow anyone to buy contracts starting at...
Cantor Cuts Ties to eSpeed, BGC
May 30, 2007 11:41 AM CDT
Cantor Cuts Ties to eSpeed, BGC
Bond trading firm moves to settle conflict-of-interest complaints of investors
- Cantor Fitzgerald, following conflict-of-interest complaints from investors, is planning to distance itself from the brokerage and online trading firms it controls. The deal will create a new company, a merger of eSpeed and BGC Partners.
Popular on Newser
Kidnapped California Family Found Dead
Angry He Couldn't Meet Pope, US Tourist Smashes Ancient Statues
Source Explains Why Kanye West Wore 'White Lives Matter' Shirt
US Intelligence Blames Ukraine for Assassination in Russia
Dozens Dead in Attack on Day Care Center in Thailand
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.