Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
New Jobs Report Is Out, and It's Disappointing
Here's What Killed
Dec 27, 2016 1:57 PM CST
Here's What Killed Garry Shandling
Blood clot in his heart, officials reveal
- Garry Shandling died from a blood clot in his heart, coroner's officials said Tuesday, more than seven months after the comedian's unexpected death. A report by Los Angeles' coroner's officials released Tuesday states the fatal clot occurred after the comedian developed blood clots in his legs, a...
Will Be Made
Mar 31, 2016 10:38 AM CDT
Shandling Will Be Made Buddhist Monk Posthumously
Sources give TMZ details of comedian's funeral
- Garry Shandling didn't speak much about it publicly, but he was Buddhist, and he had planned what TMZ calls an "elaborate" Buddhist funeral before his death. Sources tell the gossip site Shandling's head will be shaved by a monk, a symbolic gesture that ordains Shandling as a...
Doc Refuses to
Mar 26, 2016 12:10 PM CDT
Doc Refuses to Sign Shandling's Death Certificate
The coroner's office has now launched an investigation into the cause of death
- Legendary comedian Garry Shandling died Thursday morning, but his doctor has "repeatedly refused" to sign his death certificate, prompting an investigation by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office, TMZ reports. The doctor hadn't seen Shandling in more than a year, believed him to be healthy, and can'...
Made His Own
Mar 25, 2016 6:23 AM CDT
Garry Shandling Made His Own 911 Call
Critics celebrate genius of the late actor and comedian
- Garry Shandling's unexpected death at age 66 on Thursday is believed to have been caused by a heart attack, though the official cause of death is pending, reports the AP . Some related coverage:
Shandling hadn't been feeling well for a day or so and actually made the 911
Dead at 66
Mar 24, 2016 3:38 PM CDT
Garry Shandling Dead at 66
Death appears to have been sudden
- Comedian Garry Shandling died Thursday at age 66, the AP reports. The cause of death has not been revealed, but his death was reportedly sudden. A source tells TMZ Shandling was speaking to people and appeared healthy Thursday morning. He was transported to an LA-area hospital after a 911 call...
Shandling Says Private Eye Smeared Him
Mar 14, 2008 10:41 AM CDT
Shandling Says Private Eye Smeared Him
He's the first big celebrity to testify in the Pellicano trial
- Comedian Garry Shandling took the stand yesterday and accused Los Angeles private eye Anthony Pellicano of using underhanded tactics to "smear" him. Shandling’s former manager hired Pellicano after promising to “make my life miserable,” Shandling said. The FBI soon told Shandling that the detective had rifled...
Mar 7, 2008 4:35 AM CST
Hollywood Private-Eye Trial Begins
Celebs expected to be called in Pellicano racketeering case
- The illegal wiretapping and racketeering trial of Hollywood private detective Anthony Pellicano kicked off yesterday with a celebrity-studded witness list that sounds more like a casting call than a legal action, the
reports. Sylvester Stallone, Farrah Fawcett and Chris Rock are among 127 possible prosecution witnesses. Studio heads and...
Popular on Newser
Oprah on Beverly Hills Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
Sheriff: Church Musician Killed His Family, Then Called Cops
'The Big Ragoo' Has Died at 69
Toys 'R' Us Is Returning in a 'Massive Way'
This Vesuvius Victim 'Vaporized Instantly'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.