Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Supreme Court to Decide Fate of Student Debt Relief
My Lai Massacre
50 Years Ago:
Episode in Modern
US Military History'
Mar 16, 2018 2:57 AM CDT
50 Years Ago: 'Most Notorious Episode in Modern US Military History'
US soldiers slaughtered 504 unarmed civilians at My Lai
- More a thousand people in Vietnam marked Friday's 50th anniversary of the My Lai massacre, the most notorious episode in modern US military history, with talk of peace and cooperation instead of hatred. On March 16, 1968, the American soldiers of Charlie Company were sent on what they were...
US Soldier Who Helped
End Bloodbath at My Lai Dies
Dec 18, 2016 5:53 AM CST
US Soldier Who Helped End Bloodbath at My Lai Dies
Lawrence Colburn was among 3 US soldiers who stopped massacre of Vietnam villagers
- Lawrence Manley Colburn, a helicopter gunner in the Vietnam War who helped end the slaughter of hundreds of unarmed Vietnamese villagers by US troops at My Lai, has died. He was 67. Lisa Colburn, speaking with the AP , said her husband of 31 years was diagnosed with cancer in late...
Gitmo Defendants Given
My Lai Massacre Film
Sep 22, 2009 4:00 AM CDT
Gitmo Defendants Given My Lai Massacre Film
Trials of 9/11 accused delayed for another 60 days
- Guantanamo Bay prisoners accused of planning the 9/11 attacks asked for and were given copies of a film about the My Lai massacre, Reuters reports. The Guantanamo war crimes court was told during a hearing yesterday that
Judgment: The Court Martial of Lt. William Calley
, a 1975 courtroom drama about...
for My Lai
Aug 22, 2009 6:20 AM CDT
Calley Apologizes for My Lai Massacre
- Forty years after the infamous My Lai massacre came to light, the former Army officer who led the raid has for the first time spoken publicly about his actions. William Calley, who ordered his soldiers to gun down hundreds of civilians in the Vietnamese village of My Lai in 1968,...
My Lai Massacre, 40 Years On
Mar 16, 2008 1:40 PM CDT
My Lai Massacre, 40 Years On
Survivors, vets among 1,000 who gather in Vietnam to remember
- More than 1,000 people gathered in My Lai today to mark the 40th anniversary of one of the most brutal chapters in the Vietnam War, the AP reports. Forty years ago, American troops entered the small village in search of Vietcong guerrillas and, unprovoked, slaughtered more than 500 people—...
Popular on Newser
After Serving 8 Years, Infomercial Pitchman Could Be Jailed Again
Black Guest Badgered by Staff Member at Palace Event
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
A Sleeping Giant Awakes, With Plenty of Spectators
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.