Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jul 10, 2009 11:57 PM CDT
Giants' Sanchez No-Hits Padres
- Jonathan Sanchez, an unlikely candidate, pitched the majors' first no-hitter this season last night, dominating the San Diego Padres with an array of pitches in the San Francisco Giants' 8-0 victory. The 26-year-old left-hander returned to the rotation after a nearly 3-week demotion to the bullpen—and he only got...
Sanchez Shuts Down
Apr 26, 2008 1:10 AM CDT
Sanchez Shuts Down Griffey, Cincinnati
Lefty matches career high with 10 whiffs
- Jonathan Sanchez dominated the Cincinnati Reds in Dusty Baker's Bay Area return. Sanchez pitched into the ninth and matched his career high with 10 strikeouts, outdueling Reds ace Aaron Harang and keeping Ken Griffey Jr. at 597 career home runs in the San Francisco Giants' 3-1 victory Friday night. Sanchez...
Molina's Doubles Help
Giants Beat Cardinals
Apr 20, 2008 10:16 PM CDT
Molina's Doubles Help Giants Beat Cardinals
Catcher has three two-baggers in 8-2 road win for San Francisco
- Bengie Molina hit three doubles and drove in three runs, and the San Francisco Giants beat the St. Louis Cardinals 8-2 today. The Giants won the season series from St. Louis 4-3. All seven games were played in a span of 11 days. The Giants took two of three and...
Double Dooms Padres
Apr 10, 2008 1:05 AM CDT
Ortmeier' Ninth-Inning Double Dooms Padres
Two-out drive over Jim Edmonds head in center drives in winning run
- Daniel Ortmeier has no problems with the San Francisco Giants' plans to have him bat exclusively right-handed.Ortmeier hit a two-out, RBI double in the ninth off San Diego's Heath Bell and the Giants won consecutive games for the first time this season by beating the Padres 1-0 on Wednesday...
Popular on Newser
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.