Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Zinke Rips Staff Loyalty, Notes
God's 'Sense of Humor'
Sep 26, 2017 7:54 AM CDT
Zinke Rips Staff Loyalty, Notes God's 'Sense of Humor'
Interior secretary estimates 30% of staff 'not loyal to the flag'
- Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said Monday that nearly one-third of his department's workers aren't loyal to him and President Trump, adding that he's working to change the regulatory culture to be more business friendly. Zinke, an ex-Navy SEAL, said he knew when he took over the 70,...
Faithful Dog Waits
2 Weeks for His
Feb 24, 2016 9:00 AM CST
Faithful Dog Waits 2 Weeks for His Murdered Owner
'He would just stand there and look helpless'
- Loyalty between dog and man once again has no bounds, this time via a German shepherd who waited two weeks for an owner who'd never come home again. The dog was first spotted at an apartment complex near Houston's Hobby Airport, KTRK reports—sometimes on the steps, sometimes...
Here's Why Your Cat May
Not Care When You Leave
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 6, 2015 6:29 AM CDT
Here's Why Your Cat May Not Care When You Leave
New study shows domestic cats don't show signs of secure attachment to humans
- There are a lot of cats in the United States. Perhaps close to 95 million live with us as pets, reports the
. But does our affection for these feline friends move in just one direction? New research in the journal
suggests that domesticated cats are more independent...
Your Dog Can Tell if
Someone Is Mean to You
Jun 15, 2015 7:21 AM CDT
Your Dog Can Tell if Someone Is Mean to You
They'll even refuse food from people who snub their owners
- Your dog really may be your best friend, according to a new study out of Japan that highlights just how far canine loyalty can go. In a study to be published later this month in the journal
, cognitive researchers at Kyoto University found that dogs will actually ignore...
Iran and American Jews:
Jul 2, 2008 4:00 PM CDT
Iran and American Jews: 'Divided Loyalties'?
Right-wingers get 'vicious,' 'dishonest' in bashing perceived critics
- With rhetoric on Iran escalating almost daily, Glenn Greenwald reviews recent charges that Israel's agenda is what's behind all this agitation for war. When Joe Klein argued last week in
that some war proponents are “motivated by their allegiance to Israel,” reaction was "as vicious, furious...
Tenn. GOP Rips
Mrs. O on Web
May 16, 2008 5:34 AM CDT
Tenn. GOP Rips 'Anti-American' Mrs. O on Web
Obama camp blasts 'shameful' tactic
- The Tennessee GOP has produced a controversial internet video attack on Michelle Obama, blasting her recent remarks that she was proud of America "for the first time in my adult life." The four-minute video, released yesterday to coincide with her campaign visit to the state, features Tennessee residents...
Popular on Newser
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.