Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Teen Drinks Green Tea to Lose Weight, Gets Hepatitis
'I will never buy any online tea again'
- A 16-year-old girl in England decided she was going to lose weight by drinking green tea, so she ordered two boxes online, the
reports. Most of the ingredients were written in Chinese, but the girl spent the next three months drinking three cups a day. According to ABC News...
Green Tea, Coffee Reduce Stroke Risk
And with green tea, the more the better: study
- Good news for caffeine addicts: Green tea and coffee both apparently help reduce the risk of suffering a stroke, reports NPR . A new study of more than 82,000 adults in Japan found that for coffee drinkers, just one cup a day lowers the chances of a stroke 20%. And...
Viagra's Hidden Uses: Diet Pill, Cancer Fighter?
In mice, drug shows potential beyond ED
- Viagra may have a future well beyond erectile dysfunction. Someday, we could perhaps see it prescribed for weight loss—or even to combat cancer, in combination with green tea. Scientists know that mice have lower rates of obesity, despite fatty diets, when they're on the drug. Now, researchers in...
Japan Bans 'Radioactive' Green Tea
Contamination found in tea plantations near Fukushima
- Some green tea just got unhealthy. Japan has banned the shipment of green tea leaves from a wide swath of tea-growing regions north of Tokyo after excessive levels of radioactive contamination were detected. The ban, the latest to affect produce from around the Fukushima nuclear plant, covers both fresh and...
Green Tea Slows Prostate Cancer
Compound in tea shows good results in new study
- One of the compounds in green tea may stay the advance of prostate cancer. Researchers examining Polyphenon E found that it could lower the concentrations of at least three biomarkers that indicate the onset of cancer. Patients took capsules of Polyphenon E equivalent to 12 cups of green tea for...
Mushrooms, Green Tea Cut Breast Cancer Risk
Study shows big effect among Chinese women
- A mushroom a day could keep breast cancer away, according to a study that looked at the diets of more than 2,000 Chinese women. Their rates of the disease are four to five times lower than the worldwide average, and part of the reason may be the chemicals that...
Going Green Could Help Your Heart
Dump the Earl Grey: substance in beverage protects blood vessels
- Drinking green tea may help keep blood vessels elastic and healthy, a new study suggests. The flavonoids in green tea that work as antioxidants also produce the relaxing effect, which could also help prevent clots. Participants received the equivalent of three to four cups of the tea each day and...
Popular on Newser
Trump Did Not Like What He Saw on 60 Minutes
Her Son Was Killed by Cops. She Was Shot at His Funeral
Joe Biden Injures Himself
10 Random Assaults in 20 Nights Has City on Edge
This Solstice, a Sight Not Seen Since Middle Ages
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.