Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Richard Wade Cooey III
480-Pound Killer: I'm Too
Fat for Execution
in case you missed it
Sep 22, 2012 7:00 PM CDT
480-Pound Killer: I'm Too Fat for Execution
Ronald Post's lawyers say lethal injection could be 'torturous'
- Convicted Ohio killer Ronald Post wants a delay of execution because, he says, his scar tissue and 480 pounds of body mass would make lethal injection far too painful, the AP reports. "There is a substantial risk that any attempt to execute him will result in serious physical and...
Inmate Too Fat to Execute:
Just Shoot Me
Sep 17, 2008 12:54 PM CDT
Inmate Too Fat to Execute: Just Shoot Me
Cooey says that he didn't intentionally pile on the pounds
- Convicted killer Richard Cooey knows there have been jokes at his expense. But he insists he’s not afraid to die— just too fat for lethal injection. At 5’ 7”, 267 pounds, Cooey is so rotund that it’s nigh-impossible to find a vein. “It's hard getting access to...
I'm Too Fat to Execute
Aug 5, 2008 7:00 AM CDT
Ohio Killer: I'm Too Fat to Execute
He argues in lawsuit that executioners won't find a vein
- A convicted killer and rapist on Ohio's death row is arguing in a lawsuit that he's too fat to be humanely executed. Lawyers for Richard Wade Cooey claim the 5'-7", 275-pound inmate is morbidly obese, and veins suitable for lethal injection would be difficult to find, reports the
Popular on Newser
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
Canceled Flight Leads to a Most Unusual Road Trip
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.