Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump: 25th Amendment Ploy Is About Biden, Not Me
President accuses Pelosi of plotting to replace Biden with Kamala Harris
- House Democrats followed through on their promise to raise the profile of the 25th Amendment on Friday, introducing legislation that would create a 17-member panel to judge a president's fitness for the job. Rep. Jamie Raskin of Maryland, a former professor of constitutional law, reintroduced a version of the...
Democrats to Consider 25th Amendment
Speaker complains about lack of information on Trump's health
- Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday that she didn't want to shift the focus from the coronavirus stimulus package under negotiation. But it happened anyway when the House speaker said Democrats plan to meet Friday to discuss the 25th Amendment, which spells out presidential succession and the process for removing...
Graham: Senate Will Probe 'Stunning' McCabe Claim
He denounces 'attempted bureaucratic coup'
- Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Lindsey Graham has promised a Senate investigation of former acting FBI chief Andrew McCabe's "beyond stunning" claim that officials discussed invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office. Graham, a Republican, said that if they wouldn't testify voluntarily, he would subpoena...
Report: Rosenstein Wanted to Record, Oust Trump
But deputy attorney general denies 'New York Times' report about 25th Amendment
New York Times
is out with quite a story: It says Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein proposed secretly recording President Trump last year and using the recordings to have Trump ousted from office. Rosenstein, however, flatly denies it, calling the story "inaccurate and factually incorrect" in a statement....
Report: Yale Psychiatrist Spoke With Lawmakers About Trump
Politico reports Yale psychiatry professor Dr. Bandy X. Lee was in DC for 2 days
- Yale University psychiatry professor Dr. Bandy X. Lee has President Trump's mind on her mind. She entered the spotlight in the fall with the October release of
The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump
, a book she edited that collected assessments from 27 psychiatrists and mental health experts on the...
New Theme in Trump Stories: Mentions of the 'I-Word'
Talk of impeachment circulates, even as most say there's almost no chance
- President Trump's latest troubles have even Republicans such as John McCain drawing comparisons to Watergate . An assessment at NPR notes that the "'I' word is creeping its way into the mainstream," but the piece emphasizes, twice, that the chance of a GOP-controlled Senate impeaching Trump is...
Desperate Times Call for Jump Starting Next Presidency
Here's how to dump Bush in Nov., not Jan.
- In the current economic morass, the US cannot afford to wait 9 weeks to install the new president after he is elected in November, Richard Tedlow and David Ruben write in the
. But wait—doesn’t the Constitution dictate the date of the inauguration? “Changing that would...
Popular on Newser
Trump Did Not Like What He Saw on 60 Minutes
10 Random Assaults in 20 Nights Has City on Edge
Her Son Was Killed by Cops. She Was Shot at His Funeral
Nurse's TikTok COVID Video May Cost Her a Job
This Solstice, a Sight Not Seen Since Middle Ages
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.