Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Aug 15, 2019 6:47 AM CDT
Trump Blasts 'Crazy Inverted Yield Curve'
Economists are split on signs of a recession
- President Trump says the American economy is doing magnificently and we are "winning, big time, against China"—but one of the things still holding the economy back is the Federal Reserve chairman he appointed. In a pair of tweets Wednesday, Trump renewed his attacks on Jerome Powell, calling...
An Inversion Just Happened,
as It Did Before 9 Recessions
Aug 14, 2019 3:05 PM CDT
An Inversion Just Happened, as It Did Before 9 Recessions
Treasury yields inverted Wednesday
- An economic alarm bell has sounded in the US, sending warnings of a possible recession ahead—and sending the Dow plunging 800 points by the end of the day. Yields on 2-year and 10-year Treasury notes inverted early Wednesday, a market phenomenon that shows investors want more in return for...
Key Indicator Points
to a Long Slump
Nov 5, 2008 11:38 AM CST
Key Indicator Points to a Long Slump
Yield curve predicts slow recovery in developed economies as credit remains tight
- A little known—but closely followed—indicator that contrasts the differences in yield between 2- and a 10-year government securities suggests the economic downturn in the developed world is likely to hang around a lot longer, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. Yield curves generally are narrow when the economy is...
Popular on Newser
Judge: Trump Doesn't Have to Declare FBI Planted Evidence
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
Eliza Fletcher's Autopsy Results Are Released
Ginni Thomas Tells Committee 2020 Election Was Stolen
Former Cowboys Player Dies in Climbing Accident
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.