Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
People Who Bought Snuggies
Getting Little Something Extra
Mar 16, 2018 3:00 AM CDT
People Who Bought Snuggies Getting Little Something Extra
Snuggie-maker must pay customers $7.2M after FTC alleges misleading advertising
- That'll buy a whole lot of Snuggies. ABC News reports Allstar Marketing Group—which makes the Snuggie, the Magic Mesh Door, and more—will pay back its customers $7.2 million after the FTC accused it of tricking them with its advertised buy-one-get-one-free deal. Apparently that deal, which Allstar...
Electric Snuggie Has Arrived
Jan 6, 2011 2:04 PM CST
Brace Yourselves: Electric Snuggie Has Arrived
Blanket with sleeves now has full-body heating
- If you've somehow managed to hold off on buying a Snuggie—maybe the promise of warmth or an elaborate Snuggie sex manual didn't sway you—then perhaps the latest, electric-heated version will be the one for you. The Coz-E is a Snuggie-style blanket with sleeves, except that it's an electric...
For the Ultimate
Lazy Man, an
Dec 3, 2010 9:03 AM CST
For the Ultimate Lazy Man, an Adult Onesie
Snuggies are for amateurs...
- In a news story that sounds more
than our world, two Wisconsin men have developed and are selling the "adult onesie." The fleece, footless onesie, developed in Dave Hibler's parents' basement (along with the genius aid of friend Tyler Galganski), is said to be an evolutionary...
The 'Snuggie Sutra':
As Weird, Sexy as It Sounds
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 30, 2010 1:33 PM CDT
The 'Snuggie Sutra': As Weird, Sexy as It Sounds
Who doesn't want to get down while wearing a huge blanket?
- Turns out the Snuggie is sexy lingerie simply masquerading as a humongous blanket with sleeves. At least according to The Snuggie Sutra , a website and new book featuring exactly what it sounds like: a series of Kama Sutra-like sex moves that can be performed by couples while wearing the beloved...
Angels Fans Set Snuggie
Apr 7, 2010 2:37 PM CDT
Angels Fans Set Snuggie World Record
Take that, Cleveland!
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fans set a world record last night for, we kid you not, “the largest gathering of people wearing fleece blankets.” Yes, Guinness actually keeps track of this—an adjudicator was on hand to certify the occasion. The Angels accomplished the oh-so-impressive feat by...
The Necky: Like
THE PERFECT GIFT
Dec 16, 2009 1:54 PM CST
The Necky: Like the Snuggie, but Smaller
Undecided on a Secret Santa gift? Check this out.
- You want to buy the perfect gift for that special someone, but he or she already has a Snuggie
a Slanket: Never fear, the Necky is here! The Frisky has uncovered the latest must-have as-seen-on-TV item, perfect for “the truly lazy who can’t figure out how to...
The Best of
Snuggies + Juicy couture
Dec 9, 2009 11:33 AM CST
The Best of '00s Nostalgia
Hipsters and foodies and Snuggies, oh my!
- What will be the ‘00s version of the 1970s' lava lamps, the 1980s' stonewashed jeans, the 1990s' flannel shirts? What will we, one day, look back on with embarrassed nostalgia and say, “That’s so aughties”? Heather Wagner lists 26 possibilities in
Just in Time
YOU NEED One
Nov 9, 2009 7:47 AM CST
Just in Time for Xmas: Weezer Snuggie
Act now! For a limited time only!
- If you want to destroy Rivers Cuomo's sweater, he's down with that: The Weezer frontman would prefer to wear a Weezer Snuggie anyway, which he's hawking right alongside the band's new album
The stunt comes complete with an infomercial in which bandmembers parade around in their Snuggies—yours for only...
It's Snuggie Time,
Mar 15, 2009 5:36 PM CDT
It's Snuggie Time, America
How one reporter went from skeptic to snuggler
- The "Snuggie phenomenon" has blossomed into romance for one New Yorker who ordered a few and fell hard. "Like all relationships, it's hard to chart how this one started," writes Kurt Soller in
. He ordered two Snuggies and four Slankets—both blankets with sleeves—and...
But Wait, There's More!
Snuggie's Not the Original
Feb 27, 2009 12:11 PM CST
But Wait, There's More! Snuggie's Not the Original
Ads set it apart, but it wasn't the first sleeved blanket
- Casual observers—meaning late-night TV watchers—probably think the sleeved-blanket craze started with the Snuggie. Easy mistake: The ads showing cultish, cozy Snuggie converts are everywhere, and 4 million have been sold since October, the
New York Times
reports. But the creator of the Slanket wants to set the record...
Slankets and Snuggies:
The Mockable Sells
Jan 14, 2009 9:17 PM CST
Slankets and Snuggies: The Mockable Sells
The pitch ripe for irony, sells more than a blanket
- Parodied by YouTube videos and mocked by Jay Leno, the blanket with arms known as the Slanket—or its knockoff the Snuggie—is getting a lot of attention for a useless invention, writes Dara Lind for Culture11. As Leno points out, “It’s like wearing a bathrobe backwards,"...
Popular on Newser
Miner's Surprise Find: 'She's Perfect and She's Beautiful'
Garland Warns States About Abortion Pills
Missing at Sea for 11 Days, Va. Couple Emerges
World Leaders Now Going After Russia's 2nd-Largest Export
Drought Ruins Crops, Shuts Off Milan's Fountains
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.