Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nassau County, NY
New Body May Be Work
of Long Island Serial Killer
Jan 24, 2013 10:11 AM CST
New Body May Be Work of Long Island Serial Killer
Woman's remains found near the water in Nassau County
- Nassau County police are looking into the possibility that a body found buried near a suburban shoreline may have been another victim of the infamous Gilgo Beach serial killer, the
New York Post
reports. "Obviously, we're near the water, [Gilgo] bodies were found near the water—that's...
Feb 20, 2012 1:40 AM CST
More Bones Found on Long Island
Dog walker spots remains that could be linked to serial killer
- Still more bones have been found in a region of Long Island where at least five bodies have been discovered. A man jogging with his dog discovered the skeletal remains in Manorville woods, a suspected dumping ground for a serial killer linked to as many as 11 bodies in a...
20 Students Nabbed
in NY SAT Scam
Nov 23, 2011 1:02 AM CST
20 Students Nabbed in NY SAT Scam
They were paid to take tests for others: Investigators
- Twenty students linked to five Long Island high schools have been charged with being part of an SAT test-taking scam. They were accused of accepting payments to take the SAT and ACT college entrance exams posing as other students over the last three years. A principal at one of the...
Recants Gang Rape Claim
Sep 17, 2009 12:05 PM CDT
Hofstra Student Recants Gang Rape Claim
Four men released from jail after accuser admits sex was consensual
- A reported gang rape at Hofstra University wasn't a rape after all, the local DA says. The accuser "recanted her claims against the five young men," a school official told students in a text message. The four men who had been charged—and publicly identified—were released from...
LiLo's Mom Has Tax Trouble
Feb 13, 2009 10:20 AM CST
LiLo's Mom Has Tax Trouble
Celeb mom's tax lien will go up for auction
- Dina Lohan is a busy woman, what with all those kids to pimp out. Too busy to pay her taxes, apparently—she owes Nassau County, NY, $11,485.74 in back taxes, TMZ reports. If LiLo and Ali's infamous mother doesn't pony up, her tax lien will go up for...
Popular on Newser
New Leads on How Live Ammo May Have Gotten on Rust Set
Chief of Staff: Trump Tested Positive, Didn't Reveal It
Sheriff: Dad of Oxford Suspect Bought Gun on Black Friday
Before Oxford High School Shooting, Rumors of Attack
'I Saw People Dying in Front of Me'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.