Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Changes at Apple Opened
Door to Ive's Departure
Jul 1, 2019 5:40 PM CDT
Changes at Apple Opened Door to Ive's Departure
Cook's shift in focus left design chief frustrated
- Apple announced the upcoming departure of design chief Jony Ive last week, but this was a separation that had been in the works for some time. Ive withdrew from the company's leadership over a period of several years as CEO Tim Cook emphasized business operations over product design, the...
Is Leaving Apple
Jun 28, 2019 3:29 AM CDT
Steve Jobs' 'Spiritual Partner' Is Leaving Apple
Jony Ive designed iPhone, iPad, iMac
- The man Steve Jobs once called his "spiritual partner" at Apple is leaving the company after nearly 30 years. British industrial designer Jony Ive—who became Sir Jonathan Ive in 2012—designed the iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, among other products. He joined the company in 1992...
Apple Watch Is Doomed to Fail
Mar 3, 2015 10:18 AM CST
Apple Watch Is Doomed to Fail
It's a Newton, not an iPod, Mark Wilson says
- With Apple set to announce new details on the Apple Watch , including a release date, Mark Wilson at
says he has the courage to say what a lot of people are thinking: The watch is going to be a big flop. The device has more in common with...
Apple's iOS 7
May 1, 2013 10:08 AM CDT
Apple's iOS 7 Overhaul Likely Sleek—and Late
New design guru giving software a makeover
- Apple's next mobile operating system, iOS 7, is supposed to be in the sweaty palms of Mac fanboys as early as September. But—at least within the company—deadlines are being pushed back as the company's new design visionary, Jonathan Ive (who recently made the
Reason Apple Exec Got
Fired: No Maps Apology
Oct 30, 2012 1:30 PM CDT
Reason Apple Exec Got Fired: No Maps Apology
Scott Forstall wouldn't sign company letter
- Now we know why Apple canned iOS guru Scott Forstall : He refused to sign a letter apologizing for iOS 6's much-maligned map app, sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
—a letter that CEO Tim Cook wound up signing himself . Forstall was close with Steve Jobs, and indeed was...
Pro, iOS 6
Jun 11, 2012 2:25 PM CDT
Apple Unveils New Macbook Pro, iOS 6
Tweaks include Siri upgrades, Facebook integration, map upgrades
- Expectations were high going into Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco today, and the company didn't disappoint, rolling out a dramatic refresh of its MacBook Pro, and a new version of iOS brimming with new features. Here are the most important details:
The New Macbook Pro
Chief Is Now
Dec 31, 2011 1:06 PM CST
Apple's Design Chief Is Now a Knight
British native Jonathan Ive earns honor in homeland
- Apple's lead designer has a new title: Knight Commander of the British Empire. Or just Sir Jonathan if you like. Jonathan Ive has been awarded a knighthood in his native England, reports the BBC . The 44-year-old worked closely with Steve Jobs and has played a large role in creating...
How Apple Will
Go On Post-Jobs
Oct 7, 2011 10:24 AM CDT
How Apple Will Go On Post-Jobs
What's next for America's top tech company
- The death of Steve Jobs has everyone wondering: What’s next for Apple? Can it maintain its killer momentum without its visionary? Here’s what people are saying:
Don’t panic too much: Before dying, Jobs helped shape a product roadmap that covers at least the next three years, sources
Sep 1, 2011 12:20 PM CDT
Unveils 'New Establishment' List
Mark Zuckerberg tops it, along with other tech execs
put another feather in Mark Zuckerberg’s cap today, naming him to the top spot in its “ New Establishment ” list for the second year in a row. What’s the “New Establishment” you ask? Well, in the magazine’s words, it’s “an innovative...
The Most Creative
Minds in Business
May 19, 2009 3:00 PM CDT
The Most Creative Minds in Business
- Creativity is a tough thing to put your finger on, but
takes a shot at picking world’s top 100 business innovators. The first five:
: Apple’s design chief—responsible for the iPhone, iPod, MacBook, and iMac—ushered in an era of “design perfection” that
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Supreme Court's First Female Justice Dead at 93
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.