Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Angela Lansbury 'Devastated' by Backlash to Comments
She says she's 'a strong supporter of women's rights'
- After Angela Lansbury said this week that women need to "sometimes take the blame" for sexual misconduct because they make themselves attractive to men, the backlash was fast and forceful. "It is a deeply unhelpful myth that rape and other forms of sexual violence are caused or '...
Angela Lansbury: 'There Are 2 Sides' to Sex Misconduct
Women 'must sometimes take blame' for always trying to make themselves attractive, actress says
- Women in Hollywood have been speaking out in droves against Harvey Weinstein and others, but one famous female is taking a different tack, noting, "There are two sides to this coin." Angela Lansbury thinks women "must sometimes take blame" for sexual misconduct perpetrated against them, the
Highs and Lows of the Tonys
From the three Billys to a lost Dolly Parton
- The 2009 Tony awards were not without their laughs—and gaffes. The
outlines the best and worst of Broadway's biggest night.
Dolly Parton was a crowd-pleaser during the show's opening number, but later appeared accidentally, and uncomfortably, on the stage when she lost out on the music and
's 10 Wins Include Best Actor × 3
the British musical about a coal miner's son who burns to dance, won 10 Tony Awards tonight in New York, including best musical and a unique best actor prize for the three young performers who share the title role. David Alvarez, Trent Kowalik, and Kiril Kulish shyly thanked...
Popular on Newser
Months After Recovery, COVID Survivors Report an Oddity
Cops: Restaurant Owner Went to Extremes to Violate Lockdown
Utah Overpass Is a Wild Success
Spy Agency: Kim Is Taking 'Irrational' COVID Measures
First Visitors Arrive at Utah Monolith
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.