Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
to Diana's Secretary
Mar 17, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
BBC Apologizes to Diana's Secretary
Network covered up Martin Bashir's misconduct in landing interview for 25 years
- The BBC said Thursday that it has apologized and paid a "substantial" sum to Princess Diana's private secretary over subterfuge used to get an explosive television interview with the late royal. The UK's national broadcaster said it acknowledged that "serious harm" was caused to Patrick Jephson...
Princes William, Harry Speak
About Diana's BBC Interview
May 21, 2021 12:05 AM CDT
Princes William, Harry Speak About Diana's BBC Interview
It hurt his parents' relationship, indirectly resulted in Diana's death, William says
- The BBC has admitted it deceived Princess Diana in order to get its bombshell 1995 interview with her, and after the revelation Thursday, Prince William said that interview indirectly led to his mother's death. It also was a "major contribution to making my parents' relationship worse," he...
Inquiry Confirms BBC Lied
to Diana Before Interview
May 20, 2021 10:35 AM CDT
Inquiry Confirms BBC Lied to Diana Before Interview
Network apologizes over Martin Bashir's tactics ahead of famous 1995 sit-down
- In 1995, BBC journalist Martin Bashir sat down with Princess Diana for a bombshell interview in which she revealed details about her unhappy marriage. Now, an independent inquiry has concluded that Bashir had phony bank statements made up ahead of time to suggest that the royal family had been spying...
Reporter Quits Amid Princess
Diana Interview Inquiry
May 16, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Reporter Quits Amid Princess Diana Interview Inquiry
Martin Bashir cited health issues
- The BBC journalist who famously sat with Princess Diana for the bombshell interview detailing her marriage to Prince Charles has quit just as an investigation into his methods for securing that 1995 interview wraps. Per CNN , the BBC said 58-year-old Martin Bashir has been struggling with health problems for months...
BBC Decides Who Will Lead
Probe Into Diana Interview
Nov 18, 2020 1:51 PM CST
BBC Decides Who Will Lead Probe Into Diana Interview
A former Supreme Court judge will lead the investigation
- The BBC’s board of directors has approved the appointment of a retired senior judge to lead an independent investigation into the circumstances around a controversial 1995 TV interview with Princess Diana, the broadcaster said Wednesday. The announcement came after Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, made renewed claims this month...
BBC Agrees to Investigate
Famous Diana Interview
Nov 9, 2020 4:35 PM CST
BBC Agrees to Investigate Famous Diana Interview
Princess' brother has said the family was deceived in 1995 by fake documents
- Under pressure from Princess Diana's brother, the BBC has announced it will commission an outside investigation into how it obtained her family's support in obtaining a 1995 interview. Charles Spencer has accused Martin Bashir, who conducted the interview, of faking documents to make it appear people connected to...
It's a Legendary Interview.
Diana's Brother Wants a Probe
Nov 7, 2020 2:00 PM CST
It's a Legendary Interview. Diana's Brother Wants a Probe
Charles Spencer alleges Martin Bashir interview only happened because of fake documents
- "Well, there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded." As far as celebrity interviews go, it's hard to land a bigger line. That was what Princess Diana said to Martin Bashir of her estranged husband and Camilla Parker-Bowles in a legendary...
Bashir Quits MSNBC
Over Palin Remarks
Dec 4, 2013 11:04 PM CST
Bashir Quits MSNBC Over Palin Remarks
Offensive remarks have gotten host in trouble before
- Martin Bashir has followed Alec Baldwin out of the door at MSNBC after apologizing for offensive remarks that enraged Sarah Palin. Last month, the host called Palin a "world-class idiot" for likening America's debt to China to slavery, and went on to suggest that she deserved the same...
10 Crazy Celeb
Nov 3, 2013 8:06 AM CST
10 Crazy Celeb Interviews
One of them involves removing an artificial leg on-air...
- When celebrity interviews go wrong: Radar rounds up 24 of the absolute weirdest and craziest sit-downs. A sampling:
, separated from Prince Charles and having learned he cheated on her, told Martin Bashir, "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded."
Jun 22, 2012 7:56 AM CDT
Politico Reporter Suspended Over Romney 'White Folks' Dig
Joe Williams implies Mitt 'awkward' around non-whites
- Politico has suspended White House correspondent Joe Williams following his implication that Mitt Romney is only at ease among "white folks." Williams told Martin Bashir on MSNBC yesterday that Romney is "very, very comfortable ... with people who are like him," Thus he can be "awkward"...
Blacks Duped by
Sep 30, 2011 1:58 PM CDT
Blacks Duped by Propaganda on Lefty 'Plantation': Pat Buchanan
Stands by Herman Cain, agrees African-Americans were 'brainwashed'
- Pat Buchanan agrees with Herman Cain that African-Americans were “brainwashed” into being Democrats—in fact, they “bought a lot of liberal propaganda on the liberal plantation,” he told Martin Bashir on MSNBC yesterday. “I think the African-American community has embraced Great Society liberalism which has been...
Your Guide to
Jul 7, 2009 8:19 AM CDT
Your Guide to Today's Jacko Media Orgy
Let the 'freak show' begin
- Surprisingly, the elephants entering Staples Center this morning aren’t there for the “Michael Jackson Memorial Orgy of Excess”—but for the circus, opening tomorrow. “That seems completely appropriate,” writes Lisa de Moraes for the
. As for today’s “freak show,” 16...
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Tucker Carlson Addresses Alleged Gunman's Screed
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
Viral Post About $27 Airport Beer Spurs Big Changes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.