Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Getting Pain Meds Can Be Difficult— If You're Black
Study finds disparity in how they're doled out
- White people are roughly twice as likely to die from prescription painkillers as black people in the US; now a new study finds that they're also twice as likely to be prescribed them. It's just the latest finding to show that minorities are treated differently when it comes...
US to Cherokee: You Can't Kick Blacks Out of Tribe
Oh yes we can, say tribal leaders
- The leaders of the Cherokee Nation are scoffing at a notice from the Bureau of Indian Affairs telling it that it cannot kick 2,800 black people out of the tribe. “The Cherokee Nation will not be governed by the BIA,” Acting Chief Joe Crittenden said in a...
The 33 'Blackest White Folks'
Some choices, like Glenn Beck, may be a bit tongue-in-cheek
- Some white people “claim ‘blackness,’” and a few actually do make the cut. The Root offers a list of the 33 “blackest white folks we know”:
: Unlike fellow pop starlets Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson, Aguilera actually has soul. She even “channeled
Interracial Marriage a Black Guy Thing
Black women less likely to marry another race
- Black men are much bigger fans of interracial marriage than black women, according to a new study. About 22% of black men who got married in 2008 walked down the aisle with a woman of a different race, compared to just 9% of black women, the study found. “When...
Glenn Beck Calls 'African-American' a 'Bogus' Term
Shock jock offers vocabulary lesson
- Glenn Beck doesn’t like the 2010 US Census form one bit, because it allows people to identify themselves as “African-American,” a “bogus, PC, made-up term” that is “not a race.” Speaking on his Fox News show, the host offered his objections to the designation....
'Negro' Box on 2010 Census Raises Ire
Government contends older blacks use the term
- Census respondents this year can identify themselves as “black, African-Am. or Negro,” which does not sit well with some black Americans. “It’s a bad vibe word,” a man tells the
New York Daily News
of the Negro identification. “Doesn’t agree with my heart....
Gates to Black People: 'Don't Step Onto That Porch!'
- Henry Louis Gates is upset about his arrest, in which he sees wide implications and a potential "teachable moment." The Harvard professor talks it over with the Daily Beast in the person of Elizabeth Gates, who happens to be his daughter:
On the police: "I’m glad
Popular on Newser
Giuliani Appears to Touch Himself in Borat Scene
Giuliani Gives Alleged Hunter Biden Files to Cops
Museum Visitor Realizes Where Long-Lost Painting Is
Nightmare Projectile Flies Into Student's Car
Fight Over Chris Pratt Gets Very Political
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.